Tavon Wilson was drafted by the Patriots with the 48th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
Tavon Wilson was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (48th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (16/4, 2/0)
- Intercepted his fourth pass of the season vs. Indianapolis (11/18). Also made one tackle.
- Started four consecutive games at safety in place of an injured Steve Gregory (10/7-10/28).
- Made his first career start at safety in place of an injured Steve Gregory and registered a career-high 10 tackles vs. Denver (10/7).
- Appeared as a reserve on defense and made three tackles in the win at Buffalo (9/30). Also intercepted his second pass of the season an recovered his second fumble of the year.
- Played on defense as a reserve and recorded a takeaway in his second straight game when he recovered a fumble vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Appeared in his first NFL game made his first interception as a pro on a tipped pass in the end zone in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9). Also made five tackles in a reserve role.
- Honorable Mention All-Big Ten in 2010 and 2011.
- Big Ten Sportsmanship Honoree in 2010.
- Son of Darlene Williams.
- Born on March 19, 1990.
- Majored in communications.