Tiquan Underwood was originally drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the seventh round (253rd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft … Released by Jacksonville (9/6/09) … Signed by Jacksonville to the practice squad (9/7/09) … Signed by Jacksonville to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (9/23/09) … Released by Jacksonville (8/25/11) ... Signed by the Patriots as a free agent (8/29/11) … Released by the Patriots (9/3/11).
- Active but did not play against Miami (12/24).
- Played in reserve and caught one pass for 13 yards in win over Denver (12/18).
- Saw time at receiver and caught one pass for seven yards in Washington (12/11).
- Caught his first pass in a Patirots uniform, a 10-yard reception against the Colts (12/4).
- Played special teams and in reserve on offense against Philadelphia (11/27).
2010 (10/0 - Jacksonville)
- Played in 10 games and finished with eight receptions for 111 yards and returned 24 kickoffs for 561 yards.
- Had a career-long with a 53-yard kickoff return in the season-opener vs. Denver (9/12).
- Saw the majority of his playing time on special teams.
2009 (3/0 - Jacksonville)
- Began his rookie season on the practice squad after joining the Jaguars as a rookie free agent.
- Was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster in late September and played in three games, mainly on special teams.
- Finished with two kickoff returns for 38 yards.
- Was inactive for 10 games.
- Started 32 of 49 career games at Rutgers and totaled 132 receptions for 1,931 yards with 16 touchdowns.
- Also saw action as a return specialist and amassed 2,887 all-purpose yards.
- Finished with seven 100-yard games.
- Named a team captain as a senior.
- His best season was a junior when he started all 13 games and led the team with 65 receptions for 1,100 yards to become one of only three players in school history to have a 1,000-yard season.
- Attended Notre Dame High School in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
- Played wide receiver as a sophomore and senior and quarterback as a junior.
- Also competed in hurdles and the triple jump.
- Born Tiquan Underwood on Feb. 17, 1987 in New Brunswick, N.J.