CAREER TRANSACTIONS Aaron Dobson
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round (59th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (10/7)
- Was inactive for the season opener at Buffalo (9/8) and at Houston (12/1).
- Caught a 39-yard touchdown pass on his first NFL play vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12). Finished with three receptions for 56 yards and the score.
- Made his first NFL start and caught seven passes for 52 yards vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Caught one pass for 10 yards at Atlanta (9/29) and left in the third quarter with an injury and did not return.
- Caught two passes for 49 yards at Cincinnati (10/6), including a career-long 53-yard reception in the fourth quarter that led to a field goal.
- Caught six passes for 63 yards vs. New Orleans (10/13), including a 6-yard reception on the game-winning drive in which Dobson efforted to get out of bounds to staop the clock.
- Led the team with four receptions for 60 yards and and his second touchdown of the season vs. Miami (10/27). Both of Dobson’s touchdowns this season have come on his fist catch of the game.
- Caught five passes for a career-high 130 yards and two touchdowns vs. Pittsburgh (11/3), including an 81-yard score in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach. the 81-yard reception was the longest of any Patriot on the season.
- Started 36-of-47 games played in for Marshall.
- Ranks 10th on the school all-time-record list with 165 receptions.
- Finished his career ninth in school history with 2,398 yards receiving.
- His 24 touchdown catches tied Troy Brown (1991-92) for fourth on the Thundering Herd’s all-time record chart.
- Produced seven 100-yard receiving performances.
- Saw brief action on defense and special teams, where he recorded six tackles (three solos) and deflected one pass.
- General Studies major.
- Son of Angie and Bobby Dobson.
- Born July 23, 1991, and resides in Dunbar, W.V.