Alfonzo Dennard was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (224th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (10/7, 2/2)
- Initially slowed by injury during training camp but has improved throughout his rookie campaign and was inserted into the starting lineup midway through the year.
- Has started seven games in the secondary during his rookie season.
- Inactive due to injury vs. Miami (12/30) and at Jacksonville (12/23).
- Saw significant time at cornerback vs. Indianapolis (11/18) and intercepted his third pass of the season and returned the pick 87 yards for his first career touchdown. Also made four tackles and defensed two passes.
- Started and intercepted a pass for the second straight game at St. Louis (10/28) and returned the pick eight yards. Finished with five tackles.
- Made his first career start at cornerback due to Devin McCourty moving to safety for injury reasons and intercepted his first pass in the overtime win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/21). Also made two tackles.
- Made his pro debut and made one tackle and defensed a pass vs. Denver (10/7). Manning never completed a pass when targeting Dennard in 31-21 win against the Broncos.
- Was inactive for the first four games of the season.
- Second-Team All-American (Phil Steele, 2011).
- Third-Team All-American (Yahoo.com, 2011).
- Tatum-Woodson Big Ten Defensive Back of the Year (2011).
- First-Team All-Big Ten (Coaches, Media, ESPN, Yahoo.com, Phil Steele, 2011)
- Nebraska Defensive MVP (2011).
- First-Team All-Big 12 (ESPN.com, Rivals.com, 2010).
- Second-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, AP, Phil Steele, San Antonio Express-News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 2010).
- Alfonzo is the son of Rose Mary Dennard and was born on Sept. 9, 1989.
- Majored in sociology.
- Has assisted with Nebraska’s team hospital visits and volunteered his time at the Village Manor Retirement Center.