CAREER TRANSACTIONS Chris Jones
was claimed off waivers and awarded to the New England Patriots from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sept. 11, 2013 … Originally drafted by Houston in the sixth round (198th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft … Released by Houston (8/31/13) … Claimed off waivers and awarded to Tampa Bay from Houston (9/1/13) … Released by Tampa Bay (9/10/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (9/7 - New England)
2013 (0/0 - Tampa Bay)
- Was claimed by New England off waivers from Tampa Bay on Sept. 11.
- Was inactive vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12) and vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Played in his first NFL game at Atlanta (9/29) and made one tackle.
- Compiled four tackles, including 1½ sacks for a combined 13 yards at Cincinnati (10/6), the first quarterback takedowns of his career.
- Made his first NFL start at defensive tackle at New Orleans (10/13) and made four tackles.
- Registered his first NFL two-sack game at N.Y Jets (10/20) and nine tackles.
- Compiled seven tackles and a 1½ sacks vs. Miami (10/27). Jones leads all rookies with five sacks.
- Posted the first double-digit tackle game of his career with a 10-tackle effort vs. Denver (11/24).
- Went to training camp with Houston after being drafted by the Texans in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Was released by Houston on Aug. 31 and claimed off waivers by Tampa Bay.
- Was inactive for Tampa Bay’s season opening win at the New York Jets on Sept. 8.
- Was released by Tampa Bay on Sept. 10.
- Played in 50 games, making 43 consecutive starts at Bowling Green.
- Was a three0time All-MAC performer with 157 career tackles, 28 sacks, six forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries.
- Was named a team captain in 2011 and 2012.
- Played and started all 13 games as a senior in 2012 and finished third in the nation with 12½ sacks.
- Was named the MAC Defensive Player of the Year in 2012.
- Played in 13 games with six starts as a true freshman in 2009.
- A 2009 graduate of Brownsburg (Ind.) High School.
- Earned all-state honors as a senior, recording seven sacks.
- Born July 12, 1990 in Brownsburg, Ind.