Darius Fleming, 24, was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the fifth round (165th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft out of Notre Dame. The 6-foot-2, 255-pounder, missed his first two NFL season due to injury. Over a four-year career at Notre Dame, he finished with 157 total tackles. He was released by San Francisco on May 12, 2014. Signed by the Patriots on May 16, 2014.
Darius Fleming was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on May 16, 2014 ... Originally drafted by San Francisco in the fifth round (165th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft ... Waived by San Francisco (5/12/14).SEASONAL REVIEWS 2014 (5/0)
2013 (0/0, 0/0 – San Francisco)
- Tallied his first career tackle vs. Buffalo (12/28), finishing the game with five total stops.
- Contributed on special teams in the win vs. Miami(12/14).
- Played two defensive snaps and contributed on special teams in the win at San Diego (12/7).
- Made his NFL debut at Green Bay (11/30), contributing on special teams.
- Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (11/29).
- Released (9/13) and signed to the practice squad (9/16).
- Was inactive in the season opener at Miami (9/7).
2012 (0/0, 0/0 – San Francisco)
- Suffered a knee injury during training camp and spent the season on injured reserve.
- Suffered a knee injury during spring mini camp and missed the entire season.
- Played in 50 career games with 36 starts and recorded 158 tackles, 15 sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and seven passes defensed. Also blocked one kick.
- Started all 13 games as a senior in 2011 and tallied 55 tackles, 3½ sacks, one interception and one blocked kick. Was named Notre Dame’s Lineman of the Year for his efforts.
- Born July 19, 1989, in Chicago, Ill.
- Attended St. Rita (Chicago, Ill.) HS and was named Second-Team All-America by Scout.com, in addition to being named ﬁrst-team all-state by the Chicago Tribune. Also named to the
- Majored in business consulting at Notre Dame.