Swanson, 23, originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Indianapolis Colts on April 30, 2013 out of Sam Houston State. The 5-foot-11, 191-pounder was released by the Colts on Oct. 29, 2013 and was signed to the San Francisco 49ers practice squad on Nov. 18, 2013. He was released by San Francisco on May 12, 2014. Swanson finished his college career as the school’s all-time leader in interceptions with 14.
Daxton Swanson was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on May 22, 2014 ... Originally signed by Indianapolis as a rookie free agent (4/30/13) ... Waived by Indianapolis (10/29/13) ... Signed by San Francisco to the practice squad (11/18/13) ... Released by San Francisco (5/12/14).SEASONAL REVIEWS2013 (0/0, 0/0 – Indianapolis/San Francisco)
- Originally signed with Indianapolis as a rookie free agent.
- Was placed on injured reserve on Sept. 1 and released midseason.
- Spent the remainder of the season on the San Francisco practice squad.
- Spent the 2009 season at the University of Toledo before transferring to Sam Houston State.
- Graduated Sam Houston State as the school’s all-time leader with 14 interceptions.
- In 2011, set a school record, led the Southland Conference and ranked third nationally with eight interceptions. Was named an Associated Press and CollegeSports.com All-America third-team selection and an All-Southland Conference second-team choice.
- Born March 21, 1991.
- Led the state with 13 interceptions as a senior at La Vega High School in Waco, Texas.
- Helped lead the team to the Class 3A state championship game and was the team’s leading receiver with 34 receptions for 868 yards and seven touchdowns.