Deontae Skinner, 23, was a three-year starter at Mississippi State. The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder first earned a starting position at linebacker as a sophomore in 2011. Last season, he played in 11 games and finished with 64 total tackles.
Deontae Skinner was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2014.COLLEGE
- Played in 47 games with 35 starts over his four-year career and totaled 202 tackles, one sack, one interception, five passes defensed and three forced fumbles.
- Posted a career-high 10 tackles at Georgia (10/1/11).
- Notched his first career interception vs. Alcorn St. (9/7/13).
- Born Dec. 18, 1990.
- Named First-Team All-State on the defensive line by the Jackson Clarion-Ledger after leading Noxubee County High School to the Class 4A championship as a senior.
- Made 134 tackles, 11 sacks and two forced fumbles as a senior and was chosen to play in the Mississippi-Alabama High School All-Star game.
- Helped lead his team to the state title game as a junior and made 122 total tackles and five sacks during his junior season.