Donald Jones was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on March 15, 2013 … Originally signed by Buffalo as a rookie free agent (5/3/10).
Donald Jones was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on March 15, 2013 … Originally signed by Buffalo as a rookie free agent (5/3/10). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (12/10 – Buffalo):
- Recorded career-highs in receptions (41), yards (443), touchdowns (four) and starts (10) in 2012.
- Caught two passes for a season-high 90 yards vs. New England (9/30/12), including a career-high 68-yard touchdown reception.
- Posted his first career 100-yard game vs. New England (9/25/11), catching five passes for 101 yards, including a season-long 48-yard reception.
2011 (8/7 – Buffalo):
- Played in 12 games with 10 starts, posting career-highs with 41 receptions, 443 yards and four touchdowns.
- Missed four games due to injury.
- Tallied five receptions for 41 yards and a touchdown at N.Y Jets (9/9).
- Caught two passes for a season-high 90 yards vs. New England (9/30), including a career-high 68-yard touchdown reception.
- Registered four catches for 47 yards and a touchdown vs. Tennessee (10/21).
- Posted six receptions in back-to-back games, matching his career-high for catches in a game, amassing 65 yards at Houston (11/4) and 74 yards and a touchdown at New England (11/11).
2010 (15/5 – Buffalo):
- Played in eight games, starting seven, posting 23 receptions for 231 yards and one touchdown.
- Scored a touchdown in the season-opening win at Kansas City.
- Posted his first career 100-yard game vs. New England (9/25), catching five passes for 101 yards, including a season-long 48-yard reception.
- Caught a career-high six passes for 51 yards at Dallas (11/13).
- Placed on Injured Reserve (11/22) after suffering an ankle injury at Miami (11/20).
- Played in 15 games with five starts, catching 18 passes for 213 yards and one touchdown after making the Buffalo 53-man roster as a rookie free agent.
- Made his NFL debut vs. Miami (9/12).
- Caught his first NFL pass vs. Chicago (11/7).
- Recorded season-highs in receptions (5) and yards (70) and scored his first career touchdown at Cincinnati (11/21).
- Tied his season-high with five receptions for 54 yards vs. New England (12/26).
- Tallied 108 catches for 1,300 yards and 13 touchdowns in two years at Youngstown State after transferring from Lackawanna (Penn.) Community College.
- Earned first-team All-Missouri Valley Conference honors as a senior, setting the school’s single season reception record with 77 catches for a team-high 790 yards and six touchdowns; also tied the school record for receptions in a single game with 11 vs. Missouri State.
- Named to the Missouri Valley Conference’s All-Newcomer Team, leading the team in receiving yards (510) and touchdowns (seven) and caught a touchdown in four straight games.
- Named the team’s Most Valuable Player in his second year at Lackawanna Community College after posting 42 receptions for 748 yards and five touchdowns en route to the league title.
- Named to the all-state, all-area, all-conference and all-division teams as a senior at Plainfield High School (Plainfield, N.J).
- Also played baseball.
- Communication studies major at Youngstown State.