Greg Orton, 27, spent part of 2011 and all of 2012 on the Denver practice squad. The 6-foot-3, 199-pounder originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Cincinnati Bengals out of Purdue in 2009. He had stints with the Arena Football League’s Spokane Shock and the United Football League’s Omaha Knights before joining the Denver practice squad. Orton went to training camp with Denver this past summer.
Greg Orton was signed by the New England Patriots to the practice squad December 31, 2013 ... Originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent (5/1/09) ... Released by Cincinnati (8/29/09) ... Signed by Denver as a free agent (8/13/11) ... Released by Denver (9/3/11) ... Signed by Denver to the practice squad (11/30/11) ... Released by Denver (8/31/12) ... Signed by Denver to the practice squad (9/1/12) ... Released by Denver (10/7/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2014 (0/0)
2013 (0/0 - Denver)
- Was hurt early in training camp and was waived/ injured before reverting to injured reserve on July 28.
2012 (0/0 - Denver)
- Went to training camp with Denver and was waived/injured prior to the start of the regular season and officially released on Oct. 7.
2011 (0/0 – Denver)
- Spent the entire season on Denver’s practice squad after being released at the end of training camp.
2009 (0/0 – Cincinnati)
- Signed by Denver during training camp and was released prior to the start of the regular season.
- Re-signed on Broncos practice squad later in the season.
- Signed with Cincinnati as a rookie free agent and was released at the end of training camp before stints with the Arena Football League’s Spokane Shock and the United Football League’s Omaha Knights.
- Played in 50 career games with 27 starts at Purdue and totaled 203 receptions (fifth in school history) for 2,356 yards (sixth in school history) with 13 touchdowns.
- Averagesd 64.7 receptions and 754 receiving yards in each of his final three seasons for the Boilermakers.
- Born Gregory Carlton Orton Dec. 17, 1986.
- Named a first-team all-state selection as a senior at Wayne high School in Huber Heights, Texas, after totaling 65 receptions for 1,058 yards with nine touchdowns.
- Studied organizational leadership and supervision at Purdue.