Greg Salas was acquired by the New England Patriots from St. Louis in a trade on September 1, 2012 in exchange for an undisclosed future draft choice … Originally drafted St. Louis in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (9/19/12).
Greg Salas was acquired by the New England Patriots from St. Louis in a trade on September 1, 2012 in exchange for an undisclosed future draft choice … Originally drafted St. Louis in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft ... Released by New England (9/19/12). CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0)
- Made his NFL debut vs. Philadelphia on Sept. 11, 2011.
- Recorded career-highs vs. Green Bay (10/16/11), with eight catches for 77 yards.
2011 (6/0 – St. Louis)
- Was inactive vs. Arizona (9/16).
- Active but did not play in the season-opening win at Tennessee (9/9).
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a leg injury on Jan. 26, 2012.
- Saw action in six games at wide receiver and on special teams with no receptions.
- Made his professional debut, playing wide receiver at Oakland (10/3).
- Finished season with 27 receptions for 264 yards (9.8 avg.) and one touchdown. Also had one rush for eight yards.
- Started 40 of 49 games at Hawaii, finishing with 285 catches for 4,345 yards (15.25 avg.) and 26 touchdowns in four seasons.
- Named All-Western Athletic Conference twice, catching over 100 passes in each of his final two seasons.
- His 285 career receptions rank third in WAC history and are tied for 15th best in NCAA history.
- Finished with 4,345 career receiving yards, first in Hawaii school history, third in conference history and tied for sixth in NCAA history.
- Set a Hawaii school record and WAC record for receiving yards in a season, recording 1,889 yards in 2010, which is fourth all-time in NCAA history.
- Also set Hawaii school record for receptions in 2010 with 119, which ranks 11th in NCAA history.
- Owns Hawaii’s third best receiving season all-time, recording 1,590 yards in 2009, fifth in WAC history and 22nd in NCAA history.
- Arrived on campus as a defensive back but switched to receiver and redshirted as a freshman.
- Selected All-League as a defensive back and wide receiver while at Chino High School (Chino, Calif.).
- Also lettered in track and field.
- Majored in sociology.