CAREER TRANSACTIONSJa’Gared Davis
was by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from practice squad on Oct. 9, 2013 … Originally signed by Houston as a rookie free agent (5/10/13) … Released by Houston (8/27/13) … Claimed off waivers and awarded to New England (8/28/13) … Released by New England (8/31/13) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/1/13) ... Signed by New England to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (10/5/13) ... Released by New England (10/7/13). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (1/0, 2/0)
- Originally signed with Houston as a rookie free agent. Was waived at the end of training camp and claimed off waivers by the Patriots, eventually winding up on the practice squad.
- Played on special teams in one regular-season game, spending most of the season on the practice squad.
- Appeared as a reserve in both playoff contests.
- Played special teams in his first NFL game at Cincinnati (10/6) after being signed to the 53-man roster prior to the game.
- Released the next day and re-signed to the practice squad.
- Played special teams in his first NFL playoff game vs. Indianapolis (1/11) after re-joining the 53-man roster from the practice squad..
- Played in 53 games and recorded 301 total tackles, 20 sacks, four interceptions, eight forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.
- Was a two-time All-Conference USA honoree.
- Scored five touchdowns in his career on defense (three fumble returns, one blocked field goal return and an interception return).
- Played in all 13 games with 12 starts as a senior.
- Finished third on the team with 77 total tackles and four sacks.
- Was named to the preseason Butkus Award Watch List.
- After starting in five games as a freshman in 2009, he earned a spot as a starting linebacker as a sophomore in 2010.
- Named District 20, 3A Defensive Co-MVP as a senior after recording 110 total tackles.
- Born Sept. 11, 1990 in Crockett, Texas.