Jamey Richard was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from Indianapolis on May 29, 2012 … Originally drafted by Indianapolis in the seventh round (236th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft … Released by Indianapolis (9/12/11) … Signed by Indianapolis (10/25/11).
Jamey Richard was signed by the New England Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from Indianapolis on May 29, 2012 … Originally drafted by Indianapolis in the seventh round (236th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft … Released by Indianapolis (9/12/11) … Signed by Indianapolis (10/25/11).SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (0/0, 0/0)
2011 (9/0 – Indianapolis)
- Placed on Injured Reserve with a head injury on Aug. 2, 2012.
2010 (14/4, 1/0 – Indianapolis)
- Appeared in nine games as a reserve and on special teams.
- Was released on Sept. 12, the day after the regular-season opener and was re-signed on Oct. 25, 2011.
2009 (10/0, 3/0 – Indianapolis)
- Played in 14 games with four starts at left guard and saw action on special teams in one playoff game.
- Started at left guard at Houston (9/12), vs. the N.Y. Giants (9/19), at Denver (9/26) and vs. Kansas City (10/10).
- Was part of an offensive line that tied for the fewest sacks allowed in the NFL, with 16.0 and helped club produce over 5,000 net yards for 13th consecutive season.
- Appeared on special teams in Wild Card Playoff game vs. the N.Y. Jets (1/8).
2008 (15/7, 0/0 – Indianapolis)
- Appeared in 10 games and all three postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIV against New Orleans, primarily on special teams.
- Was inactive for six games.
- Played in 15 games with seven starts.
- Made four starts at center and three starts at left guard.
- Made his first career NFL start vs. Chicago (9/7), starting at center.
- Recovered a fumble in the end zone vs. Tennessee (12/28) for his first career touchdown.
- Was inactive for Wild Card Playoff game at San Diego (1/3).
- Four-year letterman at Buffalo, starting 37 of 42 career games, allowing two sacks on 736 pass plays in final two seasons.
- Was named Second-Team All-Mid America as a senior and was a semifinalist for the Draddy Award, given to a player for combination of academic and athletic performance.
- Started 12 games as a junior and was named the team’s most outstanding offensive lineman.
- Full name is Jameson Tyler Richard.
- Lettered in football, wrestling and track, performing in shot put, at Weston (Conn.) High School.
- Played offensive and defensive tackle, earning all-state, all-area and all-conference honors as a senior.
- Married to wife Theresa.
- Majored in business management at Buffalo.