Jonas Gray was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Oct. 16, 2014 ... Originally signed by Miami as a rookie free agent (5/4/12) ... Released by Miami (8/31/13) ... Signed by Baltimore to the practice squad (9/2/13) as a free agent on (1/8/14) ... Released by New England (8/30/14) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/1/14).SEASONAL REVIEWS2014 (3/1)
2013 (0/0 – Baltimore)
- Made his first NFL start and led the team with 12 carries for 33 yards in the win vs. Denver (11/2).
- Established career highs with 17 carries for 86 yards, including a long of 19 yards, in the win vs. Chicago (10/26).
- Signed to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (10/16) and made his NFL debut vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16), rushing three times for 12 yards.
- Started the season on the team’s practice squad.
- Established carrer hights with 38 carries for 199 yards and 4 touchdownds in the Patriots 42-20 win over the Indianapolis Colts (11/16).
2012 (0/0 – Miami)
- Went to training camp with Miami but was released prior to the start of the regular season.
- Spent the year on Baltimore’s practice squad, where he signed before the regular season.
- Signed with Miami as a rookie free agent and was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform List at the end of training camp.
- Four-year letterman (2008-11) at Notre Dame, where he appeared in 34 games and made five starts.
- Rushed 189 times for 1,100 yards and 12 touchdowns in his career. Added 11 receptions for 105 yards and returned three kickoffs for 25 yards.
- Recorded 114 carries for 791 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior in 2011.
- Attended Detroit Country Day High School where he lettered in football, basketball and track and field.
- Gained 2,614 yards on 341 rushes and 32 touchdowns during his senior season.
- Member of the 2007 state championship basketball team.
- Majored in political science at Notre Dame.