Aiken, 23, originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Buffalo out of Central Florida in 2011. The 6-foot-2, 213-pounder began his rookie season on the Buffalo practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster in November. He played in two games as a reserve. Aiken was released by Buffalo after training camp this past summer and spent time on the practice squads of both Buffalo and Chicago this season.
Kamar Aiken was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-man roster from the practice squad on Dec. 29, 2012 ... Originally signed as a rookie free agent by Buffalo (7/28/11) ... Released by Buffalo (9/3/11) ... Signed to the Buffalo practice squad (9/4/11) ... Signed by Buffalo from the practice squad to the 53-man roster (11/22/11) ... Released by Buffalo (8/31/12) ... Signed by Buffalo to the practice squad (9/2/12) ... Released by Buffalo (10/3/12) ... Signed by Chicago to the practice squad (10/9/12) ... Released by Chicago (11/6/12) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (11/19/12) ... Signed by New England from the practice squad to the 53-man roster (12/22/12) Released by New England (12/24/12) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (12/26/12). SEASONAL REVIEWS 2012 (1/0, 0/0)
- Made his first appearance with the Patriots on special teams and as a reserve on offense in the win at Jacksonville (12/23).
- Was inactive for both playoff games.
2012 (0/0 – Buffalo/Chicago)
2011 (2/0 – Buffalo)
- Spent time on the practice squad with Buffalo and Chicago, after spending training camp with the Bills.
- Appeared in two games after being elevated from the practice squad to the active roster on November 22.
- Made his NFL debut at the New York Jets (11/27/11).
- Saw action on special teams, making one tackle, vs. Denver (12/24).
- Originally joined Buffalo as a rookie free agent.
- Played in 49 games at Central Florida, finishing with 121 receptions for 1,924 yards and 17 touchdowns.
- Appeared in 14 games with 13 starts as a senior, totaling 32 receptions for 486 yards and two touchdowns.
- Started all 12 games as a junior, recording a reception in every game he played, setting career highs in receptions (36), yards (610) and touchdowns (nine).
- Appeared in nine games as a sophomore and was second on the team with 20 catches and 244 yards.
- Posted 33 catches, 584 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman, all of which are UCF freshmen receiving records.
- Played on both sides of the ball at Chaminade-Madonna High School (Hollywood, FL), earning Class 2A all-state honors as a defensive back as a senior after recording 60 tackles and five interceptions.
- Scored 15 total touchdowns on offense, racking up over 1,000 yards combined rushing and receiving as a senior.
- Son of Juliet Wint.
- Majored in Criminal Justice and Central Florida.