CAREER TRANSACTIONS Logan Ryan
was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (9/2)
- Played in his first professional game at Buffalo (9/8), appearing mainly on special teams.
- Registered the first three tackles of his career vs. Tampa Bay (9/22).
- Made his first career start vs. New Orleans (10/13).
- Started at N.Y. Jets (10/20) and returned his first career interception 79 yards for a touchdown. Also collected a career-high four tackles.
- Forced a fumble on his first NFL sack vs. Miami (10/27). Ryan strip-sacked Ryan Tannehill, forcing a fumble that was recovered by Rob Ninkovich deep in Miami territory. New England a touchdown scored three plays later. Finished the game with four tackles, two sacks for 18-yards, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
- Started 27-of-37 games at Rutgers – all at cornerback.
- Earned First Team All-American honors (Pro Football Weekly), second-team All-America accolades from The NFL Draft Report, All-Big Conference and Academic All-Big East honors as a senior.
- Earned All-Big East Conference first-team honors from The NFL Draft Report as a junior.
- Earned Big East All-Academic team honors as a sophomore.
- Recorded 170 tackles (111 solos) with an assisted sack, 11 stops for losses of 49 yards and a quarterback pressure.
- Caused two fumbles and recovered four others, returning one 18 yards.
- Deflected 39 passes and intercepted seven others for 73 yards in returns (10.4 avg), including one touchdown.
- Born Feb. 2, 1991.
- Majored in labor studies.
- Resides in Berlin, N.J.