Marcus Forston was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
Marcus Forston was signed by the New England Patriots to the 53-Man roster from the Practice Squad on Jan. 20, 2013 ... Originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent (5/10/12) ... Released by New England (9/26/12) ... Signed by New England to the Practice Squad (9/28/12).SEASONAL REVIEWS2012 (1/0, 0/0)
- Was inactive for the AFC Championship vs. Baltimore (1/20).
- Made his first NFL appearance as a defensive substitute at Baltimore (9/23).
- Was inactive for the first two games of the season.
- Appeared in three games as a junior in 2011 before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Finished with five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
- Played in 13 games with 12 starts as a sophomore in 2010, recording 37 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks and one interception.
- Appeared in three games as a sophomore in 2009 before being granted a medical redshirt with an injury.
- Played in 12 games as a true freshman, registering 18 tackles, three sacks, 4 1/2 tackles for loss and one pass defensed and was named to the Football Writers Association First-Team Freshmen All-American team.