Ryan Allen was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013.
Ryan Allen was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2013. SEASONAL REVIEWS 2013 (12/0)
- Played in his first NFL game at Buffalo (9/8) and punted six times for 236 yards (39.3 avg), pinning three inside the Bills 20-yard line.
- Tied a team record with 11 punts for 514 yards vs. N.Y. Jets (9/12), including four inside the Jets 20-yard line.
- Became the Patriots all-time leader in punt average (minimum 50 punts) at Carolina with one boot that pinned the Panthers inside their own 20-yard line.
- Enters Week 12 with a franchise-best 46.1 punting average.
- Punted six times for 267 yards vs. Denver (11/24), including a high-arching punt in overtime that was muffed by the Broncos, recovered by the Patriots and led to the game-winning field goal in overtime.
- Began his career at Oregon State in 2008 and 2009 where he redshirted in 2008 and did not see any action in 2009.
- He transferred to Louisiana Tech and began playing in 2010.
- Named the Ray Guy Award winner in 2011 and 2012 to become the first player to claim the award in back-to-back seasons.
- Was a unanimous First Team All-American in 2012.
- Finished his career averaging a school record 48.0 yards per punt with 20 punts inside the 20 and 21 punts over 50 yards.
- Was named All-America by several publications in 2011, including receiving second team honors by the Walter Camp Football Foundation.
- Also received first team All-WAC and All-Louisiana honors.
- Born Feb. 28, 1990 in Salem, Oregon.
- Majored in business.
- Only played two years of football in high school, earning both letter as a punter and kicker at West Salem High School.