Shamiel Gary, 23, played his first two college seasons at Wyoming (2009-10) before transferring to Oklahoma State and redshirting in 2011. The 6-foot, 210-pounder started every game in 2012 and 2013 at strong safety. Last season, he started all 10 regular season games in which he played and finished with 47 total tackles. As a freshman in 2009, he intercepted three passes in his first collegiate game.
Shamiel Gary was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2014.COLLEGE
- Played in 47 career games at Wyoming (2009-10) and Oklahoma State (2012-13) and compiled 311 tackles, six interceptions, 26 passes defensed and one forced fumble.
- Began his collegiate career playing two seasons at Wyoming before transferring to Oklahoma State and redshirting in 2011.
- Was Wyoming’s first Freshman All-American in 2009.
- Tied a school record at Wyoming when he intercepted three Weber State passes in his first career game.
- Born May 31, 1990, and is the son of Gwen Evans and Steven Gary.
- Played on a state championship team at Tulsa Washington.
- Had 124 tackles as a senior on his way to district player of the year honors.
- Studied psychology at Oklahoma State.