Steve Maneri, 26, spent the 2010 season on the New England practice squad and went to training camp with the Patriots in 2011. The 6-foot-7, 280-pounder, has also spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs (2011-12) and the Chicago Bears (2013). He spent part of the 2014 offseason with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Maneri was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Houston Texans out of Temple in 2010 but was released and claimed off waivers by the Patriots prior to the start of the regular season. He has played in 23 NFL games with 10 starts and has registered six receptions for 52 yards. A tight end in college, Houston signed Maneri and converted him to an offensive lineman and began his career with the Patriots as an offensive lineman. Last season, Maneri played in four games with one start for Chicago before being released by the Bears on Oct. 21, 2013.
Steve Maneri was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Dec. 17, 2014 ... Originally signed by Houston as a rookie free agent (5/18/10) ... Released by Houston (9/4/10) ... Claimed off waivers and awarded to New England (9/5/10) ... Released by New England (9/27/10) ... Signed by New England to the practice squad (9/29/10) ... Released by New England (9/4/11) ... Claimed off waivers and awarded to Kansas City (9/5/11) ... Released by Kansas City (3/12/13) ... Signed by Chicago as a free agent (3/21/13) ... Released by Chicago (10/21/13) ... Signed by Tampa Bay (2/14/14) ... Released by Tampa Bay (5/12/14) ... Signed by New England as a free agent (8/10/14) ... Released by New England (8/30/14). Seasonal reviews 2014 (1/0)
2013 (4/1 - Chicago)
- Made his season debut vs. Buffalo (12/28).
- Active, but did not play at N.Y. Jets (12/21).
- Signed by New England (12/17).
- Signed by New England during training camp (8/10) but was released prior to the start of the regular season.
2012 (13/8 - Kansas City)
- Played in four games with one start for Chicago.
2011 (2/0 - Kansas City)
- Played in 13 games with eight starts and posted five receptions for 51 yards.
- Recorded his first career start vs. San Diego (9/30).
- Posted his first career multi-catch game at Tampa Bay (10/14), hauling in four receptions for 41 yards.
- Played in two games with Kansas City and recorded his first career reception (for one yard) in a loss vs. Pittsburgh (11/27).
- Converted from offensive lineman to tight end.
- Spent most of his rookie season on the Patriots’ practice squad.
- Originally signed by Houston as a rookie free agent offensive lineman (5/18/10).
- Played in 47 games with 25 starts as a tight end at Temple over four seasons, serving as team captain in his senior year.
- Started all 13 games as a senior in 2009 and posted 12 receptions for 134 yards and two touchdowns en route to earning third-team All-MAC honors. Was one of just nine players to start every game.
- Played in 12 games with nine starts as a junior in 2008, recording 14 catches for 150 yards and four touchdowns.
- Born March 20, 1988, and is the son of Anthony and Sue Maneri.
- Attended Saddle Brook (N.J.) HS, where he played one season of football as a senior in 2005, recording 36 catches for 607 yards and five touchdowns to earn Bergen Record second-team All-North Jersey honors. Also made 44 tackles and one sack on defense.
- Was a three-year starter on the varsity basketball team, earning Bergen-Passaic Scholastic League Carpenter Division first-team honors as a junior and senior.
- Majored in communications at Temple.