Reed, 22, was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent out of Southern Methodist on May 5, 2013. The 5-foot-11, 236-pounder was released by Dallas on Aug. 31 before being signed to the Cowboys practice squad on Nov. 18. He was released from the practice squad on Nov. 26. Reed started in 12 of 13 games as a senior in 2012 and led the team with 97 total tackles and earned All-Conference USA second-team recognition.
Taylor Reed was signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Dec. 30, 2013 ... Originally signed by Dallas as a rookie free agent (5/10/13) ... Released by Dallas (8/31/13) ... Signed by Dallas to the practice squad (11/18/13) ... Released by Dallas (11/26/13). COLLEGE
- Started 12 of the 13 games he played as a senior and led the Mustang defense with 97 tackles and 14½ tackles for loss while tying for the team lead with three interceptions and placing second with 6½ sacks, earning All-Conference USA second team recognition.
- Named second-team All-Conference USA snd led the team with 101 tackles, ranked second with 9½ stops for losses and third with four sacks, while starting all 12 games he played as a junior.
- As a sophomore earned All-Conference USA honorable mention, starting all 14 games and posted a career-best 145 tackles, two sacks, 4½ tackles for losses and forced a fumble and a fumble recovery.
- Played in 13 games with one start as a true freshman and tallied 57 tackles, one interception, one sack, two forced fumbles and 4½ tackles for losses to earn a spot on the Conference USA All-Freshman Team.
- Played running back his first two years at Westbrook High School in Beaumont, Texas, before transitioning to linebacker for his junior and senior seasons.
- Earned all-district honors as a senior at Westbrook.
- Studied sports management at SMU.