Zach Moore was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (198th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Zach Moore was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (198th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.SEASONAL REVIEWS2014 (4/0)
- Played a season-high 21 defensive snaps as a sub rusher and contributed on special teams in the win vs. Chicago (10/26). Recorded a half-sack and forced fumble of Jay Cutler in the second quarter, which Rob Ninkovich recovered and returned 15 yards for a score.
- Substituted in as a pass rusher and contributed on special teams in the win vs. N.Y. Jets (10/16).
- On his first-ever defensive snap, recovered a C.J. Spiller fumble on a hit by Devin McCourty at the Buffalo 42-yard line with 13 seconds to play in the first half to set up a Patriots field goal in the win at Buffalo (10/12).
- Was inactive at Minnesota (9/14), vs. Oakland (9/21), at Kansas City (9/29), vs. Cincinnati (10/5) and vs. Denver (11/2).
- Played in his first career game as part of the punt return team in the season opener at Miami (9/7).
- Played in 39 games and set school records with 33 sacks and six forced fumbles.
- Registered 130 tackles – 45 for loss – defensed four passes, recovered two fumbles and blocked three kicks.
- First player in school history to be invited to the NFL Scouting Combine and drafted into the league.
- Born Sept. 5, 1990.
- Was a Chicago five-star recruit, named Illinois Prairie State Top Five along with All-City First Team and All-State as well as being selected to Illinois Top 100 Players.
- Also competed in track in high school.
- Parents are Bobby and Jean Moore (step-mother) and mother is Carolyn Blackshire.
- Has three brothers, Omar, Demetrius and Keith and five sisters, Camillia, Katrina and Kaneisha, Latoya and Neesie.
- Has a daughter, Amayah Hicks.
- Studied criminal justice at Concordia-St. Paul.