A look at connections between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos as they head into their week 15 matchup.
NEW ENGLAND TIES
- Broncos WR Kalif Raymond went to Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass. where he started 23-of 40-games for the Crusaders and totaled 155 receptions for 1,683 yards with 14 touchdowns over the course of his collegiate career.
- Denver S Justin Simmons went to Boston College where he was a twoyear starting cornerback for the Eagles and recorded 229 tackles and eight interceptions in 50 career games.
- Broncos offensive coordinator Rick Dennison worked as an assistant coach at Suffield Academy in Suffield, Connecticut from 1992-94.
- Patriots T Nate Solder played his college career at Colorado and is originally from Buena Vista, Colo.
- Denver TE A.J. Derbywas originally selected by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (202nd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. He spent his rookie season on the Patriots Injured/Reserve list before appearing in four games for New England in the beginning of 2016. He was traded to the Broncos on October 25 in exchange for an undisclosed draft selection.
- Broncos CB Aqib Talib was traded to the Patriots midway through the 2012 season and spent the entire 2013 season with the Patriots. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 2013 and totaled 60 tackles and five interceptions during his time with the team.
- Denver LB Dekoda Watson appeared in three games for the Broncos during the 2015 season.
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick served as the assistant special teams coach/assistant to the defensive coordinator for the Broncos during the 1978 season.
- New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the head coach of the Denver Broncos from 2009-10.
FORMER NFL TEAMMATES
- Denver QBAustin Davis played for the St. Louis Rams in 2014 when New England DE Chris Long was also with the team.
- Broncos OL Russell Okung and RB Justin Forsett played with Patriots DL Alan Branch at the Seattle Seahawks.
- Denver DE Billy Winn, S T.J. Ward and WR *Jordan Norwood were teammates with New England RB Dion Lewis and DL Jabaal Sheard on the Cleveland Browns.
- Broncos S Darian Stewart and Patriots DE Chris Long were defensive teammates at the St. Louis Rams.
- Denver CB Aqib Talib and LB Dekoda Watson played with New England RB LeGarrette Blount at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Broncos LB DeMarcus Ware played for the Cowboys when Patriots WR Danny Amendola and TE Martellus Bennett were in Dallas.
- Denver assistant defensive backs coach Samson Brown held the same role in Buffalo when New England WR Chris Hogan played for the Bills.
- Broncos defensive assistant/defensive line coach Chris Beake was an offensive assistant at Cleveland when Patriots DL Jabaal Sheard played for the Browns.
- Denver special teams coach Joe DeCamillis worked in Dallas when New England TE Martellus Bennett was on the Cowboys and also worked in Chicago when Bennett and LB Shea McClellin played for the Bears.
- Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips was the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys when Patriots TE Martellus Bennett and WR Danny Amendola played for the team. Denver linebackers coach Regie Herring* also worked in Dallas when Bennett and Amendola wore Cowboys uniforms.
- In addition, Herring worked in Chicago when Bennett and New England LB Shea McClellin played for the Bears.
- Denver offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach Klint Kubiak was on the same coaching staff with New England defensive line coach Brendan Daly at the Minnesota Vikings.
- Broncos offensive line coach Fred Pagac worked for the Kansas City Chiefs with Patriots wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea. Pagac also worked with Patriots defensive line coach *Brendan Daly *a the Minnesota Vikings, and was the linebackers coach for the Bills when Patriots WR Chris Hogan played in Buffalo.
- Denver defensive backs coach Joe Woods also worked with Daly and O'Shea on the Vikings coaching staff.
- Broncos running backs coach Eric Studesville worked with Patriots running backs coach Ivan Fears at the Chicago Bears.
- Studesville, Denver offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and offensive line coach Clancy Barone all served as assistant coaches under current New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when he was the head coach in Denver from 2009-10. Studesville took over as the Broncos interim head coach when McDaniels was relieved of his head coaching duties in Denver prior to Week 14 of the 2010 season.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
- Denver LB Zaire Anderson and New England DT Vincent Valentine were defensive teammates at Nebraska.
- Broncos RB Devontae Booker and Patriots DB Eric Rowe played together at Utah.
- Denver WR Marlon Brown was teammates with New England C David Andrews and WR Malcolm Mitchell at Georgia.
- Broncos DEAdam Gotsisand Patriots OL Shaq Mason were teammates at Georgia Tech.
- Denver LB **Von Miller *and New England TE Martellus Bennett played together at Texas A&M.
- Broncos LB *Corey Nelson *nd Patriots DL Geneo Grissom were teammates at Oklahoma.
- Denver C* Mat Paradis*, DE Billy Winn and New England LB Shea Mc- Clellin played together at Boise State.
- Broncos CB Bradley Roby and Patriots DB Nate Ebner were defensive teammates at Ohio State.
- Denver S T.J. Ward was teammates with New England S Patrick Chung and RB LeGarrette Blount at Oregon.