Offensive Line Career
Andrew Stueber was drafted by the New England Patriots in the seventh round (245th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.
- Three-year letterman.
- Two-time Academic All-Big Ten Conference (2020-21).
- 2021 AFCA All-American second team.
- 2020 Walter Camp Football Foundation Connecticut Player of the Year.
- Appeared in 34 games with 22 career starts along the offensive line; 20 at right tackle and two at right guard.
- Started the final 20 games of his career.
- Also contributed on field goal/PAT protection units.
Fifth-Year Senior (2021):
- Earned third varsity letter.
- Academic All-Big Ten.
- American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) All-American second team.
- Hugh R. Rader Memorial Award recipient as the team's top offensive lineman.
- All-Big Ten first team (media).
- All-Big Ten third team (coaches).
- Joe Moore Award winner; starter on Michigan's offensive line that was named the best in the country.
- Started all 14 games at right tackle.
- Made 20th career start in the match-up with Ohio State (Nov. 27), his final home game at Michigan Stadium.
- Started at right tackle against Iowa in the Big Ten Championship Game (Dec. 4).
- Made final start at right tackle in the College Football Playoff Semifinal against Georgia in the Orange Bowl (Dec. 31).
Senior Year (2020):
- Earned second varsity letter.
- Academic All-Big Ten.
- All-Big Ten honorable mention (coaches).
- Walter Camp Football Foundation Connecticut Player of the Year.
- Started all six games, making two starts at right guard and four at right tackle.
- Started at right guard at Minnesota (Oct. 24) and against Michigan State (Oct. 31).
- Kicked out to right tackle following injury to Jalen Mayfield and made starts at Indiana (Nov. 7), vs. Wisconsin (Nov. 14), at Rutgers (Nov. 21) and against Penn State (Nov. 28).
- Junior Year (2019):
- Injured during fall camp and missed the entire season.
Sophomore Year (2018):
- Earned first varsity letter.
- Played in all 13 games on field goal/PAT protection units.
- Saw action at right tackle in 10 contests.
- Contributed on special teams at Notre Dame (Sept. 1) and against SMU (Sept. 15).
- Saw snaps at right tackle against Western Michigan (Sept. 8), Nebraska (Sept. 22), at Northwestern (Sept. 29), Maryland (Oct. 6), Wisconsin (Oct. 13), at Michigan State (Oct. 20), Penn State (Nov. 3) and at Rutgers (Nov. 10).
- Played extended relief snaps at right tackle against Indiana (Nov. 17).
- Made first career start at right tackle at Ohio State (Nov. 24).
- Started at right tack-le against Florida in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl (Dec. 29).
- Freshman Year (2017):
- Played in one game.
- Made his collegiate debut contributing on the field goal protection unit against Florida in the Advocare Classic (Sept. 2).
- Attended Darien High School (2017) coached by Rob Trifone.
- Led Darien to the Connecticut Class LL State Championship in 2015 and 2016.
- Helped the offense pass for 3,501 yards and rush for 2,181 yards as a senior, averaging 167.8 yards per game.
- In the 2016 playoffs, Stueber anchored an offensive line that helped Darien pass for 807 yards and 516 yards, averaging 5.0 yards per carry.
- ESPN four-star prospect and ranked as the No. 4 player in Connecticut.
- 2016 CHSCA All-State First Team.
- Andrew Stueber was born July 1, 1999
- Son of Dave and Birgit Stueber.
- Majored in business administration.
Analysis: Patriots Place LB Ronnie Perkins on Season-Ending Injured Reserve
The Patriots placed the second-year linebacker on season-ending injured reserve.
Patriots Place LB Ronnie Perkins on Injured Reserve; OL Andrew Stueber Placed on Reserve/NFI
The Patriots announced that they have placed LB Ronnie Perkins on injured reserve. In addition, the Patriots placed rookie OL Andrew Stueber on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list.
Size and smarts give Stueber an edge
The giant seventh-round pick out of Michigan is the latest Day Three selection who could seize an unexpectedly significant role on the offensive line.
Patriots Make A Series Of Roster Moves
The Patriots announced that they have signed 2022 sixth-round draft pick OL Chasen Hines and 2022 seventh-round draft pick Andrew Stueber. In addition, the Patriots signed rookie free agent LS Ross Reiter from Colorado State and released rookie free agents DB Devin Hafford and QB D'Eriq King.
Experts react to Patriots 2022 NFL Draft Day 3 Picks
See what the experts had to say about the Patriots Day 3 draft picks from the 2022 NFL Draft.