|1||@Dolphins||L 7 - 20|
|2||@Steelers||W 17 - 14||2||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|3||Ravens||L 26 - 37|
|4||@Packers||L 24 - 27||7||3||4||0||0||1||1||40||40||40||1||1||1|
|2022||New England Patriots||4||1||9||4||4||0||0||1||1||40||40||40||1||1||1|
Jack Jones was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.
Graduate Year (2021):
- Finished his 2021 season with 42 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, and a strip sack.
- Tied for the team lead with three interceptions, which tied for first among Pac‐12 corners.
- Converted a game‐sealing 87‐yard pick six against rival Arizona.
- ASU's highest graded defender this season with a score of 79.4 overall, good for 15th among all Pac‐12 defenders regardless of position (min. 400 snaps).
- Forced an incompletion on 12.5 percent of the targets thrown his way, good for 8th among all Pac‐12 corners.
- Named Honorable Mention Defensive Back by the Pac‐12 Conference in 2021
- Played in 25 games and started in 24, accumulated 86 total tackles, five interceptions, 25 pass deflections, three forced fumbles, and a blocked field goal.
Redshirt Senior Year (2020):
- Got the start in the season opener against USC, making five tackles and breaking up a pass
- Earned the starting punt return job to begin the year
Redshirt Junior Year (2019):
- Played in all 13 games, starting one after transferring from junior college
- Made an instant impact in Tempe, collecting 45 tackles, 13 pass breakups, three interceptions, and a forced fumble
- Tied for ninth nationally with 16 passes defended on the season and his 1.33 passes defended per game were 12th in the country.
- Recorded three total interceptions in ASU's three‐game winning streak to end the season
- Named the Pac‐12 Defensive Player of the Week following the team's win over Arizona in the Territorial Cup. Jones had six combined tackles (five solos) and two interceptions, becoming the first Sun Devil with multiple interceptions in a game since Gump Hayes picked off Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech) twice in 2016. Jones was one of just four players in nation to record two interceptions on the weekend. He allowed just two catches on five targets for only 25 yards and had a 16.7 NFL QB rating when targeted, the 20th‐lowest tally of any CB in the FBS for the weekend.
- The 15th highest‐graded corner in the Pac‐12 with over 500 snaps in a conference that was loaded with talent at the position.
- Pac‐12 All‐Conference Selection, Pro Football Focus Pac‐12 Honorable Mention
Junior College (2018):
- Attended Moorpark College for a year after transferring from USC.
- Four‐star junior college prospect with two years of eligibility remaining.
- 24/7 Sports ranks him as the No. 4 junior college corner prospect and the No. 16 overall JUCO prospect in the country.
USC – Sophomore Year (2017):
- Played and started at corner in all 14 games for the Pac‐12 Champion Trojans.
- Collected 40 total tackles, a team‐leading four interceptions, as well as eight pass breakups during a productive sophomore season.
- Picked off a pair of passes in the win over California.
- Made a season‐high seven tackles in the matchup against Utah.
- Blocked a field goal in the victory over Oregon State.
- Made at least five tackles on four different occasions.
- Forced and recovered a fumble on the year.
- Finished with two tackles USC's victory over Stanford in the Pac‐12 Championship Game.
- A key member of Special Teams, returning both punts and kicks as well as playing on the coverage units.
- Returned four punts for 48 yards, including a long of 21 against Notre Dame.
Freshman Year (2016):
- Saw playing time as a true freshman as a reserve cornerback and on special teams.
- Appeared in all 13 games, making 13 tackles, recovering a fumble, and recording a pass deflection on defense.
- Served as a kick return option.
- Collected a season‐high three tackles in the matchups with California and Oregon.
- Recovered a fumble against Notre Dame.
- Played in the Rose Bowl, making one stop against Penn State.
- Dominated both sides of the ball and on special teams at Long Beach Poly High School.
- Named a 2015 Prep Star All‐American Dream Team.
- Earned a spot in the Tacoma News Tribune Western 100.
Five X-Factors for the Patriots Heading Into the Regular Season
The Patriots season hinges the most on these five things.
Breaking Down the Patriots Initial 53-Man Roster: Pats Embrace Youth Movement in Several Areas
The Patriots set their initial 53-man roster ahead of Tuesday's deadline.
After Further Review: Should the Patriots Stay the Course With New-Look Offense?
The Patriots have two weeks to fix what ails them on offense.
Game Observations: Eight Takeaways From Patriots Preseason Finale
The Patriots fell to the Raiders in their final dress rehearsal before the regular season.
Ten Takeaways From Patriots-Raiders Joint Practices
Breaking down everything we saw at Raiders headquarters this week.
After Further Review: Patriots Defense Flashes Potential in Preseason Win Over Panthers
The Patriots defense looks faster at the second level this season.
Position-By-Position Recap of Patriots-Panthers Joint Practices
Here is a rundown of everything we saw at joint practices this week.
Resetting the Cornerback Depth Chart With Malcolm Butler and Joejuan Williams Heading to Injured Reserve
The Patriots placed both cornerbacks on injured reserve to trim their roster to 85 players on Tuesday.
Game Observations: Nine Takeaways From Patriots Preseason Opener
Here are nine things that caught the eye on Thursday night.
Patriots Sign Fourth-Round Pick DB Jack Jones
The Patriots announced that they have signed 2022 fourth-round draft pick DB Jack Jones.
Jack Jones brings gritty, ball-hawking play to New England
Patriots fourth-round pick Jack Jones is a competitive playmaker who has overcome a challenging road to the NFL.
Experts react to Patriots 2022 NFL Draft Day 3 Picks
See what the experts had to say about the Patriots Day 3 draft picks from the 2022 NFL Draft.
Jack Jones 10/2: "We make plays and feed off that energy"
Patriots defensive back Jack Jones addresses the media during his postgame press conference following the 24-27 loss to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday, October 2, 2022
Can't-Miss Play: Jack Jones nabs 40-yard pick-six vs. Rodgers for rookie's second takeaway of game
New England Patriots rookie cornerback Jack Jones nabs a 40-yard pick-six from Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers for the rookie's second takeaway of the game.
Jack Jones forces and recovers fumble after timely Peanut Punch on Doubs
New England Patriots cornerback Jack Jones forces and recovers a fumble after a timely Peanut Punch on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Romeo Doubs.
Jack Jones 8/8: "It's a blessing to be out there"
Patriots defensive back Jack Jones addresses the media on Monday, August 8, 2022.
Jack Jones 7/30: "We came out firing on all cylinders"
Patriots defensive back Jack Jones addresses the media on Saturday, July 30, 2022.
Jack Jones 6/8: "I'm excited and glad that I'm here"
Patriots defensive back Jack Jones addresses the media on Wednesday, June 8th, 2022.
College Highlights: Jack Jones, CB, Arizona State
Watch college highlights from Arizona State cornerback Jack Jones. Jones was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.