A look at the connection between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets.
NEW ENGLAND TIES
- Jets LB Julian Stanford is from Bloomfield, Conn., where he played linebacker, defensive end and running back at Bloomfield High School.
- Jets TE Will Tye hails from Middletown, Conn., and played for Salisbury School in his senior year after beginning his high school career at Xavier (CT) High School in Middletown.
- New York offensive line coach Steve Marshall is originally from Vernon, Conn., and coached the offensive line at Plymouth State in New Hampshire in 1979.
NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY TIES
- Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft graduated from Columbia University in 1963 with a degree in history and economics and was inducted into the school's Athletics Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Patriots defensive coordinatorMatt Patricia was a standout offensive lineman at R.P.I. in Troy, N.Y., where he helped the Engineers capture three ECAC National Championships. After graduating in 1996, Patricia began his coaching career at his alma mater as a graduate assistant.
- Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores attended Poly Prep HS in Brooklyn, N.Y., where he played running back and linebacker.
- Patriots safeties coach Steve Belichick attended Rutgers, where he walked on to the football team as a long snapper in order to prepare for his coaching career.
- Patriots DB Devin McCourty attended Saint Joseph's HS in Montvale, N.J., where he was an all-league first-team defensive back his final two seasons. McCourty went on to play college football at Rutgers, where he started 39 of 52 games at cornerback and was an Academic All-Big East selection in 2006 and 2007.
- Patriots DB Duron Harmon earned Big-East First Team honors as a junior and senior at Rutgers, where he started 27-of-50 games.
- Patriots WR Chris Hogan calls Wykoff, N.J., his hometown. He attended Ramapo High School, where he left as the school's all-time leader in receptions, and later played one year of college football at Monmouth University located in West Long Branch, N.J.
- Patriots RB Dion Lewis is from Blairstown, N.J., and was the New Jersey Prep Offensive Player of the Year in 2008 after rushing 88 times for 1,243 yards and 23 touchdowns as a senior at Blair Academy.
- Jets DEKony Ealy spent the 2017 offseason and preseason with the Patriots.
- Jets RB Travaris Cadet spent a brief period of time on the Patriots' roster during the 2015 season and played in one game while at New England.
- Jets offensive assistant/assistant quarterbacks coach Mick Lombardiwas a scouting assistant and coaching assistant with the Patriots from 2011-12.
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichickwas the assistant head coach/secondary for the Jets from 1997-99. During his tenure at New York, Belichick was responsible for calling the team's defensive plays and helped propel the Jets to their first division title in 1998 and advance to the AFC Championship Game that year.
- Patriots LB David Harris played for the Jets from 2007-16 and tallied 1,087 tackles, 35 sacks, 31 passes defensed and six interceptions in his 10 years at New York.
FORMER NFL TEAMMATES
- Patriots DL Lawrence Guy and Jets DBTerrence Brooks played together with the Baltimore Ravens from 2014-15.
- Patriots DL Alan Branch and DE Cassius Marsh were teammates with Jets G James Carpenter and WR Jermaine Kearse at Seattle.
- Patriots WR Brandin Cooks played with Jets RB Travaris Cadetand LB Obum Gwacham at New Orleans.
- Patriots TE Dwayne Allen and WR Phillip Dorsett played with Jets OL Jonotthan Harrison at Indianapolis. Jets special teams coordinator Brant Boyer was the assistant special teams coach for the Colts at the same time and also coached Patriots DL Lawrence Guy during his tenure at Indianapolis.
- Jets QB Josh McCown played with Patriots CB Johnson Bademosi at Cleveland. Bademosi and Patriots RB Dion Lewis were also teammates with Jets CB Buster Skrineand worked with Jets defensive quality control coach Tim Atkins at the Browns.
- Patriots LB Kyle Van Noy and OL LaAdrian Waddle were teammates with Jets LB Julian Stanford at Detroit in 2014.
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was the head coach at Cleveland when Jets assistant head coach/inside linebackers Mike Caldwellplayed for the Browns from 1993-95.
- Jets offensive coordinatorJohn Morton was the wide receivers coach at New Orleans from 2015-16 when Patriots WR Brandin Cooks played for the Saints. Morton helped Cooks put up back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons and the lead the team in receiving yards each year.
- Patriots director of college scouting Monti Ossenfortand Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan were a part of Charley Casserley's scouting staff for the expansion Houston Texans in the early 2000s.
- Jets head coach Todd Bowles was the secondary coach and interim defensive coordinator for the Eagles in 2012 when Patriots RB Dion Lewis played at Philadelphia. Jets assistant head coach/inside linebackers Mike Caldwell also coached for the Eagles when Lewis and Patriots WR Danny Amendola were on the team.
- Patriots RB Mike Gillislee played for the Dolphins from 2013-14 when Jets defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers was the defensive line coach at Miami.
- Patriots WR Chris Hogan, RB Mike Gillislee, CB Stephon Gilmore and DL Alan Branch played for the Bills when Jets offensive assistant Jason Vrablewas an offensive coaching assistant at Buffalo. In 2016, Vrable was named the interim running backs coach in Week 3 and helped Gillislee lead all qualifying NFL runners with a 5.71 rushing average on the year.
- Patriots WR Danny Amendola played for the Rams when Jets assistant defensive line coach La'Roi Glover was the director of player programs at St. Louis. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDanielsand defensive line coach Brendan Dalyalso coached for the Rams when Glover was a member of the support staff.
- Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly and wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea were on the coaching staff at Minnesota with Jets tight ends coach Jimmie Johnson from 2006-08. Daly returned to the Vikings in 2012-13, where he again worked with Johnson, as well as Jets assistant strength and conditioning coach Aaron McLaurin.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
- Patriots LB Dont'a Hightower, Jets GJames Carpenter and Jets DL Ed Stinsonwere teammates at Alabama and helped the Crimson Tide go on to win the 2009 National Championship. Patriots special teams coach Joe Judge was also a member of Alabama's support staff during that time.
- Patriots OL Joe Thuney played with Jets CB Juston Burrisat North Carolina State from 2012-15.
- Patriots TE Dwayne Allen and Jets KChandler Catanzaro played together at Clemson from 2010-11.
- Patriots WR Brandin Cooks was teammates with Jets LB Obum Gwachamat Oregon State from 2011-13.
- Patriots RB Mike Gillislee and Jets OL Jonotthan Harrison played together at Florida from 2010-12.
- Patriots C David Andrews played with Jets LB Jordan Jenkinsat Georgia from 2012-14.
- Patriots DL Adam Butler and Jets C Wesley Johnsonwere teammates at Vanderbilt University from 2012-13. Butler also played for the Commodores when Jets wide receivers coachKarl Dorrellwas the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Vanderbilt in 2014.
- Patriots RB Rex Burkhead shared the field with Jets OL Brent Qvale at Nebraska from 2010-12.
- Patriots OL Marcus Cannon played with Jets WR Jeremy Kerleyat TCU from 2008-10.
- In Patriots WR Chris Hogan's one year of college football at Monmouth, Jets TE Neal Sterlingwas a freshman in his redshirt year for the Hawks.
- Jets wide receivers coach Karl Dorrellwas the head coach at UCLA from 2004-07 when Patriots WR Matthew Slater played for the Bruins.
- Jets assistant special teams coach Jeff Hammerschmidt coached the special teams unit and defensive ends at Arizona when Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski and LB Marquis Flowers played for the Wildcats.
- Patriots coaching assistant DeMarcus Covingtonwas a defensive graduate assistant at Ole Miss from 2012-14 when Jets CB Derrick Jones played for the Rebels.
- Patriots DB Devin McCourty was a freshman at Rutgers when Jets assistant strength and conditioning coach Joe Giacobbewas a senior center and nose tackle on the team.
- Patriots assistant strength and conditioning coach James Hardy was the director of sports performance at Colorado and worked with Jets offensive line coachSteve Marshallfrom 2011-12.
- Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly was a graduate assistant at Maryland in 2000 when Jets defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson played at safety for the Terrapins.