Well, it certainly feels like winter and playoff season now in New England. A few days with a negative wind chill factor and snow today, made everyone wonder how much of an impact this will have on the players. Belichick wasnt so concerned though stating the 'We play outside, we will practice outside'. Just the response we expected.
Check out photos from access to players and coaches as the Patriots prepare to take on the Baltimore Ravens in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.
Alot of action this week leading up to the Divisional Round game against the Ravens. Alot of fans and media personnel around New England seem to be very worried and anxious that New England will be facing the Ravens. Baltimore is 2-1 in the playoffs against New England, at Gillette Stadium. Some food for thought, at 10-6, the Ravens only sneaked into the playoffs this year. They dont have Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, or even Ray Rice this meeting with the Patriots. As Aaron Rodgers said to Packer fans early this season, R-E-L-A-X. Relax Patriots fans, should be a great game.
Media action got going on Tuesday where we heard from Belichick first thing in the morning. Later in the day we heard from Tom Brady where he emphasized that they 'Have to play to their strengths'. Agreed, especially the full 60 minutes. A few of the individual press conferences included offensive lineman Dan Connolly, and also safety Devin McCourty wrapping up the day of interviews. Also noted on Tuesday was that Brandon LaFell returned to practice after speculation of an injury.
Wednesday, Vince Wilfork took the podium noting its 'Going to be a tough football game'. Well, it certainly is as the Ravens seem electric in the playoffs. Matthew Slater followed Vince's press conference saying that they 'Need to set the tone early' because the teams are both evenly matched. Dont'a Hightower enjoyed discussing the team's chemistry during his press conference saying that the chemistry will be a huge factor.
A promising development this week was Julain Edelman's status for this week. Erik Scalavino noted that Julian is 'anxious to get back' after sitting out the past few games due to a concussion and a lingering thigh problem. Always awesome news to hear he is back and ready for action, since he has shown us he is one of Brady's go-to targets.
Wrapping up the week on Thursday, Bill Belichick gave us his last view on the game emphasizing that it is now a 'one game season'. Chandler Jones addressed the media later in the morning stating that the team is indeed ready for Saturday. Shane Vereen would also say regardless of the team, 'You're going to get every team's best'.
The Patriots will face the Ravens on Saturday afternoon here at Gillette Stadium where they come into the game leading the series 8-3. Kick off is slated for 4:35pm EST and will be aired on NBC. Look at our full coverage breakdown here. Do your job New England.
Below is a full breakdown of our coverage from this week:
ARTICLES & BLOGS
- Ravens at Patriots Divisional Playoff Pregame Six-Pack
- News Blitz 1/9: Final thoughts before Ravens arrive
- Reports: Patriots extend Chung, Bolden
- Patriots - Ravens Injury Report
- Game Matchups: Hard to imagine any defense containing Brady in this atmosphere
- "Don't worry" about LaFell injury; Jan. 8 notes
- Scouting the Matchups: Owen Daniels vs. Patrick Chung/Jamie Collins
- Ask PFW: Fearing the Ravens?
- New England's Wicked Smaht Moves of 2014
- Patriots Quotes 1/8: Bill Belichick, Shane Vereen and more
- News Blitz 1/8: Weather... or not
- Ravens Quotes 1/8: John Harbaugh, Owen Daniels and more
- Tackling Tech: Reaching Kids, the NFL Way
- Edelman anxious to get back; Jan. 7 notes
- Scouting the Matchups: Browner/Revis vs. the Smith Bros.
- Patriots Quotes 1/7: Darrelle Revis, Vince Wilfork and more
- Ravens vs. Patriots Broadcast Information
- What They're Saying: Baltimore Ravens
- Ravens Quotes 1/7: Steve Smith Sr., C.J. Mosley and more
- News Blitz 1/7: Ravin' about Ravens
- Give and get with the Patriots app!
- How they Got Here: Patriots 2014 Regular Season (Weeks 1-4)
- LaFell returns as Patriots resume practice
- Robert Kraft and Boston Mayor Martin Walsh donate coats to Pine Street Inn
- Patriots in the Playoffs: Inside the Numbers
- Divisional Playoff Preview: Ravens at Patriots
- Baltimore Ravens Quotes 1/6: John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco
- News Blitz 1/6: Playoff feeling in Foxborough
- Patriots Quotes 1/6: Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and more
- Nitpicks & Nitwits: Respect for the Ravens, evermore
- Scouting the Matchups: Gronkowski vs. Ravens safeties
- Patriots Transcripts 1/5: Bill Belichick, Josh McDaniels & Matt Patricia
- After job interviews, McDaniels non-committal on future
- After job interviews, McDaniels non-committal on future
- Get Jack'd - Ask Jackie Brittain your Patriots Playoff questions!
- News Blitz 1/5: Ravens in sight
- PFW TV 1/8: Ravens Preview; Browner Interview
- Gameday Forecast 1/9: Ravens at Patriots
- Tricks to playing in the cold
- Goin' Deep: Divisional Round
- Three points for the win
- Matchup of the Week: O-Line vs. The Sack Duo
- We're On To The Ravens
- Blount, others chat about the Ravens on Thursday
- Throwback Thursday: Cold New England Weather
- Tilted Cheerleaders: Meet Jacqueline
- Preview: Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
- Belichick 1/8: 'We have to execute'
- Press Coverage: Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
- Jones 1/8: 'We're ready for Saturday'
- Vereen 1/8: 'You're going to get every teams best'
- Top 10 clutch playoff performances
- Press Pass: LeGarrette Blount
- Press Pass: Brandon LaFell
- Press Pass: Tim Wright
- Tom Brady will have quick release against the Ravens
- Gameday Forecast 1/8: Ravens at Patriots
- "Best Of" Bill Belichick - 1/8/2015
- "Best Of" Chandler Jones - 1/8/2015
- "Best Of" Shane Vereen - 1/8/2015
- A Road Well Traveled: Ravens vs. Patriots
- Kurt Warner on Joe Flacco vs. Tom Brady
- Ravens anticipate challenge from Patriots secondary
- All present at Patriots practice
- Patriots chat about Steve Smith, Joe Flacco
- Hightower 1/7: 'We have a lot of chemistry'
- Wilfork 1/7: 'Going to be a tough football game'
- Slater 1/7: 'We need to set the tone early'
- Press Pass: Darrelle Revis (Part 1)
- Press Pass: Darrelle Revis (Part 2)
- Press Pass: Akeem Ayers
- Press Pass: Julian Edelman
- "Best Of" Vince Wilfork - 1/7/2015
- "Best Of" Matthew Slater - 1/7/2015
- "Best Of" Dont'a Hightower - 1/7/2015
- Battle of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs
- Patriots distribute coats to the homeless
- Gronk and others talk playoff practice
- Do Your Job
- Brady 1/6: 'We have to play to our strengths'
- Brandon LaFell returns to practice
- Connolly 1/6: 'We have to do our job'
- McCourty 1/6: 'We all have to step up'
- Belichick 1/6: 'Ravens are an impressive team'
- "Best Of" Tom Brady - 1/6/2015
- Press Pass: Nate Solder
- "Best Of" Dan Connolly - 1/6/2015
- Press Pass: Sealver Siliga
- "Best Of" Devin McCourty - 1/6/2015
- Press Pass: Brandon Browner
- Press Pass: Rob Gronkowski
- Press Pass: Rob Ninkovich
- NFL Media's Jeff Darlington: Patriots know how tough the Ravens will be
- Patriots Radio: Bill Belichick
- Biggest advantage Baltimore Ravens have going to Foxborough?
- Fantasy Football Champs 1/8: Divisonal Picks
- Patriots Playbook 1/8: Prediction Thursday
- PFW in Progress 1/8: Ravens final thoughts
- Bob Socci Show 1/7: Ravens Preview
- Patriots Playbook 1/7: Who's the toughest Raven?
- PFW in Progress 1/7: Patriots-Ravens preview
- Fantasy Football Champs 1/6: Wildcard Roundup
- Patriots Playbook 1/6: Ravens Preview
- Flacco 1/6: 'Playing with a lot of confidence'
- Harbaugh 1/6: 'They do a great job in every spot'
- PFW in Progress 1/6: Patriots-Ravens preview
- Belichick on WEEI 1/5: 'Their running is a threat'
- Wilfork on WEEI 1/5: 'Joe Flacco doesn't panic'
- Patricia 1/5: 'Flacco is a smart quarterback'
- Belichick 1/5: 'Ravens tough to matchup against '
- McDaniels 1/5: 'The Ravens are very talented'
- Brady on WEEI: 'No stone left unturned this week'
- Best of Lil' Pats Fan: divisional round
- Players to Watch: Ravens vs. Patriots
- January 2015 Patriots Cheerleaders and Pat Patriot Appearances
- Divisional Round Media Access and Practice Photos
- Robert Kraft and Boston Mayor Walsh deliver coats to Pine Street Inn
- Patriots Women's Association visits Cradles to Crayons
- Rob Gronkowski's best magazine covers
- If I weren't a football player…
- Bill Belichick makes list of most fashionable people
- Playoff Sweepstakes Roundup: What can you win this week?
- Rob Gronkowski is a cover star, yet again
- The most popular Patriots tweets of 2014
- The Patriots Facebook year in review
- Tom Brady: Domestic god
- Top 10 Patriots photos of 2014