The defense was the story once again as the Patriots defeated the Jets 30-14. Here's what we can take away from the Patriots win.
1. Jamie Collins - Since his return to Foxborough, Collins has been tremendous. Today, the linebacker had another outstanding game that started with an 8 yard sack in the first quarter. The Jets offense did not have an answer for Collins as he overwhelmed them with run stuffs and was a crucial part of holding Le'Veon Bell to 35 yards on 18 carries. Collins finished the day with five tackles and two sacks.
2. Defense - In three weeks the Patriots defense has yet to give up a touchdown. Today the Jets found their way into the end zone, however, it wasn't when Patriots defense was on the field. The first touchdown was the result of a muffed punt, and the second was when rookie quarterback Jarrett Stidham threw a pick six.
3. Brady -The Patriots entered Sunday's game shorthanded on offense. James White, whose wife is expecting a baby, was not in attendance. Fullback James Develin was ruled out with a neck injury. Plus, the Patriots only had one tight end active for the game. To make matters worse, Julian Edelman left the game early with a chest injury and did not return. Despite all of this, Brady was able to distribute the football to nine different receivers. He went 28 or 42 for 306 yards.
1. Stephen Gostkowski - After a rough game in Miami last week, Gostkowski's day did not start much better this Sunday. After a tremendous opening touchdown drive that looked easy, Gostkowski missed the extra point. It marks Gostkowski's third miss of the season.
2. Running game - With new faces on the offensive line and lack of depth at tight end, the Patriots running game has struggled during the first three weeks of the season. Granted, today the Patriots were without James White and James Develin, but regardless, the Patriots have not been able to run the ball. Sony Michel, who was the Patriots lead back last season, ran for just 11 yards on nine carries.
3. Gunner Olszewski - At the end of the third quarter, Olszewski muffed a punt, and it was recovered in the end zone for a Jets touchdown. Prior to the touchdown, the Patriots had gone nearly 11 quarters without allowing a touchdown.