PATRIOTS GAME CREDENTIAL REMINDER
Media regularly assigned to covering the Patriots should have a sports editor or sports director submit requests for game credentials (both home and away) through the credential request system located on our media site. All entries must be submitted by Monday at 5:00 p.m. ET prior to each game. If you have any questions, please contact Anne Noland at email@example.com.
GENERAL PRACTICE REPORTING POLICY
During Patriots practices that are closed to the public, we ask that all media covering practice wait until the media availability is over before reporting on practice or tweeting about practice. When reporting on practice, we ask that you observe the following practice policies:
- Please do not report on strategy. This includes describing formations, personnel groups, first-team/second-team groupings, positions and non-conventional plays.
- Please do not report on players who line up in positions different from the one listed on the roster.
- Live streaming of any video to the Internet or any other social media platform during media availability, including practices and press conferences, is prohibited.
- Please do not quote, paraphrase or report the comments made by coaches or players during a practice session.
If there are any questions regarding these policies during a practice session, please ask for clarification from a Patriots media relations representative in advance. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
SUMMARY OF 2020 NON-GAME ONLINE CONTENT POLICY
Accredited organizations may distribute online non-game audio and video content, including interviews, press conferences and team practices at NFL venues, acquired as a result of credentialed access ("Game Information") to games or club/league facilities provided that such distribution:
- is 90 seconds maximum per day (180 seconds maximum in two-team markets -- 90 seconds per team)
- may not be "archived" (i e., made available for on-demand public access) for more than 24 hours
- appears in an editorial context only (no sponsorship, merchandising or advertising integrated with or around the content)
- is not posted live
- is accompanied by links back to NFL.com and Patriots.com web sites
The 90-second limit does not include video/audio material that is comprised entirely of a credentialed media employee providing commentary or analysis ("Talking Head" reporting), including pre- or post-game stand-up material shot on the field or other facility location.
While a game is in progress, any forms of accounts of the game must be sufficiently time-delayed and limited in amount (e.g., score updates with detail given only in quarterly game updates, fewer than 10 photographs during the game) so that the Accredited Organization's game coverage cannot be used as a substitute for, or otherwise approximate, authorized play-by-play accounts.