2015 Honors & Awards: First Team All-Pro (2nd), Pro Bowl (4th) Pro Football Writers Association All-NFL Team, AFC Special Teams Player of the Month (September), AFC Special Teams Player of the Week (Week 7 & Week 10)
2015 Regular Season Stats: 33-36 field goals, 52-52 extra points, 151 points
Stephen Gostkowski set several personal, franchise and league records this season:
- Gostkowski led the league scoring for the fourth consecutive season, with 151, becoming the third player in league history to lead the NFL in scoring four straight times (Don Hutson, Gino Cappelletti). It was his fifth time leading the league overall.
- His 33 field goals were the second-most in the league in 2015.
- In Week 3 vs. the Jaguars, he passed Matt Stover for most consecutive extra points made with his 423rd.
- In a Week 5 matchup at the Cowboys, Gostkowski converted a career-high 57-yard field goal, setting a new franchise record.
- In Week 10, Gostkowski kicked a 54-yard game winning field goal as time expired to give the Patriots a 27-26 win at the Giants
Check out our favorite photos of Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski from the 2015 regular season.
Belichick on Gostkowski: "I mean, look, that's the guy you want out there. You want your best player in that situation to have an opportunity to win the game for you...as he's done many times before."
Gostkowski in 2016: Gostkowski will enter his 11th season in the fall, one more than the man he replaced, Adam Vinatieri, spent in New England. He's also surpassed the legend statistically and is coming off the best season of his career. His range, both on field goals and kickoffs, is as impressive as any kicker's in the game and he will once again threaten to lead the league in scoring while kicking for the potent Patriots offense.