All the news from this morning revolves around the surprise cuts of wide receiver Chad Jackson and safety John Lynch, who were released the day after the Patriots trimmed their roster to 53 players.
"I am going to keep all options open and look forward with excitement to see what the future brings," Lynch told the Boston Globe.
The Boston Herald also reported on Jackson's release with an additional piece regarding wide receiver Randy Moss' thoughts on the upcoming season.
"Last year we did some good things around here and hopefully it can continue," Moss told the Herald.
The Providence Journal also chimes in on Moss' comfort level and anticipation working with Tom Bradyagain.
"You don't want to comment too much on someone that's not here, but at same time, I mean, Ty Law is Ty Law," safety Rodney Harrisontold the Herald.
Harrison was also one of several players caught off guard by the final cuts – particularly cornerback Fernando Bryant, who was released Saturday despite starting every preseason game.
"That's nothing I can control. That was the first I heard of it," Harrison told the Quincy Patriot Ledger.
On the flipside, rookie wideout Matthew Slaterwas one of the surprises to make the final roster.
"They told me I would have to be flexible. So I came in with the mentality that, hey, whatever they ask me to do today I'm going to have to do to the best of my abilities," Slater told the Patriot Ledger.