Ronnie Perkins was selected by the New England Patriots in the third round (96th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
Ronnie Perkins was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (96th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Placed on injured reserve on Aug. 23.
2021 (0/0, 0/0)
- Inactive for the first thirteen regular season games of the season.
- Placed on injured reserve on 12/17.
- All-Big 12 Second Team selection by league's head coaches in 2019 and 2020.
- Earned three Big 12 championship rings and was part of two College Football Playoff squads in his three years at Oklahoma.
- Played in 33 career games (25 starts) and finished with 99 tackles, 32 tackles for loss (for 123 yards), 16½ sacks (for 85 yards), one forced fumble and 19 QB hurries.
- Played in the final six games of the season with five starts as a junior in 2020 and recorded 24 tackles and 5 1/2 sacks. Missed the first five games of the season.
- Started all 13 games as a sophomore and totaled 38 tackles, six sacks and one forced fumble.
- Started seven of his 14 games as a true freshman in 2018 (named a Freshman All-American by ESPN) and logged 37 tackles, five sacks (for 25 yards) and four QB hurries. His five sacks led the team.
- Attended Lutheran High School North in St. Louis, Missouri.
- As a senior in 2017, he was named the St. Louis Post-Dispatch All-Metro football defensive player of the year.
- Played in the 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- Majored in criminology at Oklahoma.
- The Patriots drafted DL Ronnie Perkins from Oklahoma in the third round. The Patriots drafted defensive linemen with their second and third round draft picks. It is the second straight season that the Patriots used their second and third round picks on the same position. In 2020 the Patriots drafted LB Josh Uche in the second round and LB Anfernee Jennings in the third round.
- Perkins earned a Big 12 championship ring in all three years at Oklahoma.