|1||Eagles||L 20 - 25||0||0|
|2||Dolphins||L 17 - 24||1||1|
|3||@Jets||W 15 - 10||1||1|
Offensive Line Career
|2022||New England Patriots||17||17|
|2023||New England Patriots||2||2|
Cole Strange was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (29th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.
- Served as the starting left guard for all 17 games of the 2022 regular season.
- Started in the season opener at Miami (9/11). He became the 25th Patriots rookie under Bill Belichick to start on opening day.
- Five-year starter on the offensive line using the COVID-19 rule for a sixth year of eligibility in 2021.
- 2nd Chattanooga (Keionta Davis-2017) to compete in both the Reese's Senior Bowl & NFL Scouting Combine
- 2021 All-America First Team: Stats Perform, AFCA, Walter Camp, HERO Sports & Phil Steele
- 2021 All-America Third Team: AP, 3-time All-Southern Conference
- Played in 49 games with 44 starts
- Started all 11 games (9 at left guard and two at left tackle) as a senior in 2021. Led an offensive line that paved the way for 205.5 rushing yards per game, the highest average since 2016 (206.3).
- Started all 4 games at right guard in 2020.
- SoCon Jacobs Blocking Award Winner as the top offensive lineman in the league yet second team All-SoCon by the league's coaches and media.
- Started all 12 games including the first 11 at left guard and then some action at center later in the year due to injuries in 2019.
- Started all 11 games at left guard, earning second team All-Southern Conference according to the league's coaches, in 2018
- Started six games at left guard and played in 10 overall as a redshirt freshman in 2017.
- Sat out the year as a redshirt in 2016.
- 2-star prep prospect according to Rivals.com and 247Sports.com.
- All-State selection as a senior at Farragut Academy in Knoxville, Tenn.
- KIL Defensive Player of the Year playing for Eddie Courtney.
- Twice named team captain and a two-time all-district player leading the Admirals to a 10-2 record as a senior.
- Played in the Tennessee-Kentucky Border Bowl earning Defensive MVP & All-Bowl team.
- Played in Tennessee East-West All-Star game.
- Honor Roll student.
- Full name is Devin Cole Strange.
- Son of Greg and Kimberly Strange. Has an older brother, Dylan, and a younger sister, Anna.
- Cole Strange is the first Patriots player to be drafted from Chattanooga since RB Mario Grier in 1996 in the sixth round. Grier played in 32 games for New England from 1996 through 1997.
- He is also the highest drafted player from Chattanooga, over taking WR Terrell Owens, who was the 89th pick overall in the third round of the 1996 draft by San Francisco.
Cole Strange launches new foundation to support military veterans
The New England Patriots guard hosted a movie night with military veterans on Tuesday to kick off his newest philanthropy endeavor: the Cole Strange Foundation.
Patriots' David Andrews, Deatrich Wise Jr. & Cole Strange celebrate Read Across America
The three New England Patriots players got out into the community to share importance of reading.
No Days Off: Cole Strange, Patriots reward Providence elementary school for perfect attendance
The New England Patriots returned to Young Woods Elementary School on Wednesday to reward students for improved attendance.
Salute to Service: Patriots get competitive hosting pickleball tournament for military
New England Patriots players and alumni joined the Patriots Foundation on Tuesday, hosting a pickleball tournament for more than 40 members of the United States military.
Patriots host Halloween costume party for pediatric cancer patients
More than 30 children battling cancer from Boston Children's Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Hasbro Children's Hospital, and Mass General Hospital attended the carnival-themed costume party.
Patriots players pay visit to Museum of Fine Arts in Boston
Members of the New England Patriots visited the MFA, Boston to see the Obama Portraits Tour and a number of other exhibits.
Will the Patriots Stick With Evolving Rushing Attack vs. Dolphins?
The Pats emphasized more zone runs during the preseason, but will that trend continue?
Breaking Down the Patriots Initial 53-Man Roster: Pats Embrace Youth Movement in Several Areas
The Patriots set their initial 53-man roster ahead of Tuesday's deadline.
Matt Patricia Discusses the Progress Made by Patriots Offensive Line in Training Camp
The Patriots offensive line continues to work on continuity heading into the regular season.
After Further Review: Should the Patriots Stay the Course With New-Look Offense?
The Patriots have two weeks to fix what ails them on offense.
Trench Report: Matt Judon, Josh Uche Lead Patriots Pass Rush in Joint Practice With Raiders
Taking stock of the Patriots offensive and defensive lines in Wednesday's joint practice in Las Vegas.
After Further Review: Patriots Defense Flashes Potential in Preseason Win Over Panthers
The Patriots defense looks faster at the second level this season.
Game Observations: Ten Takeaways From the Patriots Preseason Victory Over the Panthers
The Patriots starting offense and defense saw the field in a game for the first time this season.
Position-By-Position Recap of Patriots-Panthers Joint Practices
Here is a rundown of everything we saw at joint practices this week.
Trench Report: Patriots Defensive Front "Dominating" Panthers in Joint Practices
Here's how the Patriots offensive and defensive lines performed against Carolina in Tuesday's joint practices.
5 Things to Watch in Patriots-Panthers Joint Practices
The Patriots will hold joint practices with the Panthers in Foxboro this week.
After Further Review: Breaking Down the Patriots Offense in the Preseason Opener
How did the Patriots offense scheme things up against the Giants?
Game Observations: Nine Takeaways From Patriots Preseason Opener
Here are nine things that caught the eye on Thursday night.
Patriots Hold In-Stadium Practice With a Different Twist
The Patriots held their annual in-stadium practice at Gillette Stadium on Friday night.
What Stood Out in the Trenches in First Padded Practice at Patriots Camp
The Patriots ramped things up in the first padded practice on Monday.
Strange But True: Raw O-line rookie could play immediate role
An in-depth look at the football journey of New England's 2022 first-round draft choice, offensive lineman Cole Strange of Chattanooga.
Experts react to Patriots 2022 NFL Draft Day 1 Pick
See what the experts had to say about the Patriots first round draft pick from the 2022 NFL Draft.
Cole Strange introduced as Patriots 2022 first-round pick
A day after being selected by the Pats, offensive lineman Cole Strange was introduced to the media inside Gillette Stadium.
Transcript: Cole Strange Conference Call 4/29
New England Patriots first round draft pick Cole Strange addresses the media via conference call, Friday, April 29.
Cole Strange Hosts Live Movie Event for Military Veterans
New England Patriots offensive lineman Cole Strange began the Cole Strange Foundation to support military veterans in need. This past week he hosted them at Patriots Palace for a live movie night where they showed Gran Turismo.
Cole Strange 8/29: "I've got a lot of confidence"
Patriots offensive lineman Cole Strange addresses the media on Tuesday, August 29, 2023.
Cole Strange's Journey to the 2022 Patriots NFL Draft
Patriots offensive lineman Cole Strange talks about his journey as a football player from high school to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and to the NFL. Strange's passion for winning and competitiveness continues to be catalyst for his NFL career as he approaches his second season with the New England Patriots.
Cole Strange 7/28: "We have a good room, guys are helping each other out"
Patriots offensive lineman Cole Strange addresses the media on Thursday, July 28th, 2022.
Cole Strange 5/31: "I'm really fired up to be out here"
Patriots offensive lineman Cole Strange addresses the media on Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Press Pass: Patriots picks on their 2022 NFL Draft experience
Hear from Cole Strange, Tyquan Thornton, and Marcus Jones on their 2022 NFL Draft experience and more.
One-on-One with Cole Strange
Tamara Brown sits down with Cole Strange to discuss the draft process and what it was like hearing his name called by New England. The former Tennessee-Chattanooga offensive lineman was selected by the Patriots 29th overall in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
Cole Strange's first day in Foxboro
The Patriots' first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft arrived in New England where he met with Robert and Jonathan Kraft while touring Gillette Stadium.
Cole Strange: "I know for a fact I'm going to enjoy it here"
Patriots 2022 first round draft pick Cole Strange is introduced to the media and is presented with the ceremonial #1 jersey by Robert and Jonathan Kraft on Friday, April 29 on the field at Gillette Stadium.
Patriots select Cole Strange with No. 29 pick in 2022 draft
The New England Patriots select Chattanooga Mocs offensive guard Cole Strange in Round 1 of the 2022 NFL Draft with the No. 29 overall pick [via a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs].
Inside the Draft Room: Patriots select Cole Strange
Go inside the Patriots draft room as Head Coach Bill Belichick and Patriots owner Robert Kraft welcome first-round draft pick Cole Strange to the team.
Bill Belichick on Cole Strange 4/28: "He does a lot of things, has a lot of good tools to work with"
Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick addresses the media during his post-Draft press conference on Thursday, April 28, 2022.