|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
|2022||New England Patriots||17||0||0||0||1|
|2022||New England Patriots||17||1||1||0||0||0||0|
Cole Strange was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round (29th overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft.
- Started in the season opener at Miami (9/11) at left guard. He became the 25th Patriots rookie under Bill Belichick to start on opening day.
- Played 100 percent of the snaps at Pittsburgh (9/18). Did not allow a single sack in the game and helped pave the way for the rushing game, especially during the game-clinching six minute drive in the fourth quarter including a key block to allow Mac Jones to scramble and covert a third down to keep the drive alive.
- Part of the offensive line unit that, for the second time this season, did not allow a single sack vs. Detroit (10/9). Helped pave the way for the rushing game that went for 176 yards.
- Started at left guard but was replaced by Wynn for a stretch in the game at N.Y. Jets (10/30).
- Started at left guard but was replaced by Wynn for a stretch in the game vs. Indianapolis (11/6). Returned to left guard in the fourth quarter.
- Part of the offensive line unit that, for the third time this season, did not allow a single sack at. Las Vegas (12/18). Helped paved the wave for the rushing game that went for a season-high 206 yards.
- Five-year starter on the offensive line using the COVID-19 rule for a sixth year of eligibility in 2021.
- 2nd Chattanooga (Keionta Davis-2017) to compete in both the Reese's Senior Bowl & NFL Scouting Combine
- 2021 All-America First Team: Stats Perform, AFCA, Walter Camp, HERO Sports & Phil Steele
- 2021 All-America Third Team: AP, 3-time All-Southern Conference
- Played in 49 games with 44 starts
- Started all 11 games (9 at left guard and two at left tackle) as a senior in 2021. Led an offensive line that paved the way for 205.5 rushing yards per game, the highest average since 2016 (206.3).
- Started all 4 games at right guard in 2020.
- SoCon Jacobs Blocking Award Winner as the top offensive lineman in the league yet second team All-SoCon by the league's coaches and media.
- Started all 12 games including the first 11 at left guard and then some action at center later in the year due to injuries in 2019.
- Started all 11 games at left guard, earning second team All-Southern Conference according to the league's coaches, in 2018
- Started six games at left guard and played in 10 overall as a redshirt freshman in 2017.
- Sat out the year as a redshirt in 2016.
- 2-star prep prospect according to Rivals.com and 247Sports.com.
- All-State selection as a senior at Farragut Academy in Knoxville, Tenn.
- KIL Defensive Player of the Year playing for Eddie Courtney.
- Twice named team captain and a two-time all-district player leading the Admirals to a 10-2 record as a senior.
- Played in the Tennessee-Kentucky Border Bowl earning Defensive MVP & All-Bowl team.
- Played in Tennessee East-West All-Star game.
- Honor Roll student.
- Cole Strange is the first Patriots player to be drafted from Chattanooga since RB Mario Grier in 1996 in the sixth round. Grier played in 32 games for New England from 1996 through 1997.
- He is also the highest drafted player from Chattanooga, over taking WR Terrell Owens, who was the 89th pick overall in the third round of the 1996 draft by San Francisco.