2010 Patriots Draft Twitter Trivia Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS, WHO, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE REGISTERED USERS OF TWITTER.COM, AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AGE 18 YEARS OR OLDER. THIS CONTEST BEGINS AT 9:00 A.M. ON APRIL 12, 2010 AND ENDS AT 5:00 P.M. ON APRIL 23, 2010 (THE "CONTEST PERIOD").
Twitter.com is not sponsoring or administering this Contest in any way.
- Eligibility : The Patriots Draft Twitter Trivia Giveaway (the "Contest") is open to individual legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions) who have attained the age of majority in their State of residence as of the date of entry into the Contest, and who are registered users of Twitter.com. Employees of NPS LLC ("Sponsor"), New England Patriots LP, the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, NFL Properties LLC, and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, and members of each of their immediate families (i.e., spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter.
- How to Enter: During each Prize Period, Sponsor will send a "tweet" containing a question regarding the annual NFL draft (the "Contest Tweet") to followers of the @RealPatriots feed on Twitter.com. To enter, immediately upon receiving the Contest Tweet, respond to @RealPatriots from your Twitter.com account with the answer to the Contest Tweet. There are ten (10) Prize Periods:
April 12, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
b. <u>**Prize Period 2**</u>: April 13, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
c. **<u>Prize Period 3:</u>**April 14, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
d. **<u>Prize Period 4:</u>**April 15, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
e. **<u>Prize Period 5:</u>**April 16, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
f. **<u>Prize Period 6:</u>**April 19, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
g. <u>**Prize Period 7:**</u> April 20, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
h. <u>**Prize Period 8:**</u> April 21, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
i. **<u>Prize Period 9:</u>**April 22, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
j. **<u>Prize Period 10:</u>**April 23, 2010, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (ET)
In order to participate in the Contest, you must "follow" @RealPatriots on Twitter.com. To "follow" @RealPatriots on Twitter.com, login to your Twitter account and select "Find People" from the tool bar at the top of the homepage. When the search box appears, enter "@RealPatriots" and then click on the "Search" button. Select "Follow" when the @RealPatriots icon appears.
The object of the Contest is to be the first @RealPatriots follower to respond correctly to the Contest Tweet during the Prize Period, as indicated by the Twitter timestamp. Incorrect answers to the Contest Tweet are ineligible Limit: One (1) entry per person, per Prize Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and may not be returned or acknowledged.
By entering the Contest, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor, or an authorized representative acting on behalf of Sponsor, by Direct Message. Upon receiving a Direct Message from the Sponsor, Winners must provide their name, address, email address and age to Sponsor via Direct Message. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof that an entrant is the authorized account holder may be required.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. on April 12, 2010 (ET) and ends at 5:00 p.m. (ET) on April 23, 2010.
- Judging/Awarding: Entries will be judged by the Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the Contest and all related matters are final. One (1) Winner will be selected for each Prize Period. The first @RealPatriots follower to respond with a correct answer to the Contest Tweet during the Prize Period, as indicated by the Twitter timestamp will be deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be the Winner for such Prize Period. Each Winner will be notified by Sponsor as soon as practicable following the end of each Prize Period. Sponsor will notify each Winner by sending a "direct message" to the Winner's registered Twitter.com account.
- Prize:Ten (10) Prizes. Two (2) tickets to the Bon Jovi concert to be held at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA on July 24, 2010. Transportation not included. ARV of each Prize: $ 79.00. Total ARV of all ten (10) Prizes: $790.00. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of Winners.
- Prize Acceptance: Winner may be contacted to participate in future media and promotional events and materials. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity (except where prohibited by law) within seven (7) days of notification, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By accepting prize, and pursuant to the Affidavit, Winner shall consent to use of such Winner's name, biography and likenesses for promotional purposes without limitation and without additional compensation, in any form of media, worldwide, except where prohibited by law.
By accepting the prize, Winner further acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, utility or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. General: By participating in the Contest each entrant releases Sponsor, New England Patriots LP and each of their respective advertising, marketing and public relations agencies and officers, directors, employees, agents, consultants and advisors (the "Released Parties") from any and all claims of any nature arising from the Contest, entrant's participation in the Contest, entrant's entry, and the use thereof in any manner by any person; agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor and New England Patriots LP in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; and consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Massachusetts. By accepting prize, Winner further agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in prize-related activities, or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Each of the Released Parties disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's or New England Patriots LP's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his or her Contest entry) from the Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if s/he tampers with the entry process or if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Sponsor reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in the Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Contest.
Sponsor : NPS LLC, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035