FOXBOROUGH - Preparations are beginning in earnest for Super Bowl XLII at Gillette Stadium but not just for the Patriots players and coaches. Once the Patriots plane lands in Arizona, the team's official website, Patriots.com, is gearing up to offer visitors an unprecedented amount of content with an emphasis on exclusive video.
Starting the Sunday prior to gameday, the crew from Patriots Today, the team's daily half-hour webcast, will offer on-the-scene video podcasts throughout each day leading up to the big game called "Patriots Now." The podcasts will feature host Kristina Akra and field reporter Brian Lowe bringing fans into the action from everywhere the Patriots are and beyond. The sights and sounds of Super Bowl XLII week will be covered like never before.
In addition to "Patriots Now" podcasts, Patriots.com is teaming up with Kraft Sports Productions to offer live, simultaneous press conference coverage everyday in a dynamic user interface. It will be a fan's dilemma trying to choose which press conference to watch live but with the beauty of the web there's no fear; all of the pressers will be archived for on-demand viewing as well.
Patriots.com's coverage doesn't end with "Patriots Now" and live press conferences. Here's just a sampling of the other content fans will find in Patriots.com's Super Bowl XLII section:
- Daily Patriots Today shows hosted by Kristina Akra.
- Updates from Patriots and Giants headquarters.
- Photo features from all the Super Bowl event locations in Arizona.
- Blogs from the writers of Patriots Football Weekly (beginning Monday, Jan. 21).
- Patriots.com Radio featuring PFW in Progress, (Tues.-Fri, 12-2pm EST).
- Win a trip for two to the Super Bowl! Check out www.patriotsproshop.com for details.