2015 NFL DRAFT RECAP
For starters, lets take a quick look at who the Patriots drafted this year. As day one of the 2015 NFL Draft came to an end, the Patriots wrapped up the day with the final pick. Before the pick, multiple social media outlets began releasing some misleading information. The Patriots were apparently trading away their first round pick, which was not a suprise. Moments later however, the Patriots drafted a young talented defensive lineman, Malcom Brown from Texas. His size, quick feet, and athleticism is a perfect fit to fill the role Vince Wilfork once had. Never a dull moment here in New England.
On day two, Rounds 2 and 3 took place. Once again, the Patriots were the last to choose selecting Stanford safety Jordan Richards 64th overall. As a predicted 5th to 7th round draft choice, Bill Belichick shocked the football world with this selection. As they say, 'In Bill we trust'.
Later in the evening the Patriots had picks 96 and 97 overall. 96 turned out to be a trade with Cleveland where the Patriots ended up picking up an additional pick in the draft. Erik Scalavino has more details on this quick trade **here**. To close out the evening, the Patriots selected Geneo Grissom, a versatile defensive end/ outside linebacker from Oklahoma.
The third and final day for the 2015 NFL draft was rather busy for the Patriots. With 8 picks left, the Patriots didnt waste any time selecting Trey Flowers 101st overall, a defensive end from Arkansas. Offensive linemen Tre' Jackson, from Florida State and Shaq Mason from Georgia Tech wrapped up the fourth round for the Patriots.
Another trade occured between the Patriots and the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round. With the trade, the Patriots drafted Navy long snapper Joe Cardona 166th overall. Mississippi State linebacker Matthew Wells and Arkansas tight end AJ Derby were selected in Round 6.
Closing out the draft, the Patriots used their extra pick from Green Bay to select Daryl Roberts from Marshall and Xzavier Dickson a lineback from Alabama as their compensatory pick.
Check out all of the **Draft Coverage here**.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
Steering away from the NFL draft, the Patriots made some roster moves this week. CB Alfonzo Dennard, LS Tyler Ott and LB Deontae Skinner were all released by the Patriots on Tuesday. Dennard was plagued by injuries for most of the 2014 season playing in only 6 games, starting 4 of them. Ott and Skinner were in and out of the practice squad lineup for most of the the 2014 season. On Thursday, DL Michael Buchanan and WR Kevin Dorsey were both released as well.
ARTICLES & BLOGS
- News Blitz 5/8: Brady 'reacts' to Wells Report
- Patriots release DL Michael Buchanan and WR Kevin Dorsey
- News Blitz 5/7: Wells Reports fallout
- 3D Sports Arrives in the NFL – Minus Special TVs and Silly Glasses
- Statement from New England Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on the Wells Report
- News Blitz 5/6: Nate Solder, Jabaal Sheard check in
- Patriots release CB Alfonzo Dennard, LS Tyler Ott and LB Deontae Skinner
- Ask PFW: Pondering the Patriots draft
- News Blitz 5/5: Meeting the picks
- Report: Patriots releasing CB Alfonzo Dennard
- View from Above: Brown's not the first Steer to stampede in Foxboro
- News Blitz 5/4: Analyzing the Patriots draft
- Patriots 2015 draft picks
- Bill Belichick Transcript 5/2: 'It will be a big adjustment for every rookie. Welcome to the NFL'
- Xzavier Dickson Transcript 5/2: 'I’ve just got to go in and make the best out of my opportunity'
- Final random thoughts on Patriots 2015 draft
- Darryl Roberts Transcript 5/2: 'It’s just an honor to be able to play for the Patriots'
- Busy Patriots end draft with flurry
- A.J. Derby Transcript 5/2: 'Gronk does the little things right'
- Matt Wells Transcript 5/2: 'Length and Speed are definitely my strengths'
- Patriots draft Alabama LB Xzavier Dickson with the 253rd overall pick
- Patriots draft Marshall CB Darryl Roberts with the 247th overall pick
- Joe Cardona Transcript 5/2: 'I’m just prepared to do my best'
- Patriots draft Arkansas TE A.J. Derby with the 202nd overall pick
- Shaq Mason 5/2: 'I always have a competitive edge'
- Looking Back: Bob Socci's profile on LS Joe Cardona from the NFL Combine
- Tre' Jackson 5/2: 'Looking forward to protecting Tom'
- Geneo Grissom Transcript 5/2: 'I can do more than just defense'
- Patriots draft Navy LS Joe Cardona with the 166th overall pick
- Trey Flowers Transcript 5/2: 'My knowledge of the game is my greatest strength'
- Patriots draft Georgia Tech OL Shaq Mason with the 131st overall pick
- Patriots draft Florida State OL Tre' Jackson with the 111th overall pick
- Patriots draft Arkansas DE Trey Flowers with the 101st overall pick
- Bill Belichick Transcript 5/1: 'We're looking forward to working with both of them'
- Jordan Richards Transcript 5/1: 'It’s a dream come true'
- Analysis: Second thoughts on Jordan Richards
- Bill Belichick hopeful of Patriots day 3 draft options
- Draft Day 2: Patriots add players and pick
- Patriots draft Oklahoma DE Geneo Grissom with the 97th overall pick
- Patriots draft Stanford DB Jordan Richards with the 64th overall pick
- Malcom Brown Transcript 4/30: 'You'll get my all'
- Bill Belichick Press Conference Transcript 4/30: 'He can run, plays on his feet'
- Analysis: Patriots fill need with Malcom Brown
- Patriots select Texas DT Brown at 32
- One need down, more to go for Patriots
- Garoppolo leads clinic at Harvard
- Tom Brady speaks at Salem State
- 'Top 100 Players of 2015': No. 91 Julian Edelman
- Patriots move on without cornerback Alfonzo Dennard
- Patriots begin Phase 2 of offseason
- Nate Solder: 'Big things to come'
- Sheard: 'Every player competes to win'
- Fantasy impact of draft on AFC East
- Which AFC East team had the best draft?
- 2015 Draft Grade: New England Patriots
- Best of Nate Solder 5/5
- Best of Jabaal Sheard 5/5
- Bill Belichick: 'Big day for us'
- Belichick has a message to rookies
- Recapping Day Three of the NFL Draft
- Patriots pick linebacker Xzavier Dickson No. 253
- New England Patriots pick cornerback Darryl Roberts No. 247 in 2015 NFL Draft
- 2015 Draft: Xzavier Dickson Highlights
- Patriots pick tight end AJ Derby No. 202
- Inside the Draft Room: Round 3
- Patriots pick linebacker Matthew Wells No. 178
- Patriots pick guard Shaquille Mason No. 131
- 2015 Draft: Shaq Mason Highlights
- Patriots pick guard Tre' Jackson No. 111
- 2015 Draft: Tre' Jackson Highlights
- Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema: 'I'd buy as much stock Flowers as I could'
- Patriots pick defensive end Trey Flowers No. 101
- 2015 Draft: Trey Flowers Highlights
- Breaking down Day Two
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside the Draft Room
- Best available players going into Day 3
- Bill Belichick on Richards, Grissom
- Patriots pick defensive end Geneo Grissom No. 97
- 2015 Draft: Geneo Grissom Highlights
- Patriots pick safety Jordan Richards No. 64
- 2015 NFL Draft: Day 2 draft storylines
- Thoughts on Malcom Brown
- Belichick: 'He’s got a variety of skills'
- Familiar faces speak at the Patriots Draft Party
- Patriots pick defensive lineman Malcom Brown No. 32
- 2015 Draft: Malcom Brown Highlights
- PFW in Progress 5/7: Wells Report Recap
- Nate Solder on PFW in Progress 5/5
- PFW In Progress 5/5: Draft Recap and more
- Dickson 5/2: 'I am excited'
- Roberts 5/2: 'I want make an impact on special teams'
- Wells 5/2: 'I am really excited for this pick'
- Derby 5/2: 'I like to focus on what the QB will do next'
- Cardona 5/2: 'I will be ready to play or serve'
- PFW in Progress 5/2: Draft Day 3
- Mason 5/2: 'I have that must-win mindset'
- Jackson 5/2: 'Looking forward to get on the field'
- Flowers 5/2: 'I take pride in being physical'
- Grissom 5/2: 'I just love to play the game'
- PFW in Progress 5/1: Draft Day 2
- Richards 5/1: 'I can't wait to get started'
- PFW in Progress 4/30: Draft Day 1
- Brown 4/30: "I want to be the best there can be"
- Patriots player photos: April 2015
- April 2015 Patriots Cheerleaders and Pat Patriot Appearances
- Meet the Patriots Draft Class of 2015
- Best of Xzavier Dickson
- Best of Darryl Roberts
- Best of A.J. Derby
- Best of Matthew Wells
- Best of Joe Cardona
- Best of Shaq Mason
- Best of Tre' Jackson
- Best of Trey Flowers
- Best of Geneo Grissom
- A taste of the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago
- Best of Jordan Richards
- 2015 Patriots Draft Party
- Best of Malcom Brown
- 11 burger questions with JE11
- Roll Call: Players' best photos, April 2015
- 7 gifts for moms who love the Patriots
- Did Tom Brady and Co. just have the best weekend ever?
- The Internet is really confused about Gronk’s age
- Brady and the boys head to the Derby
- Players remember Draft Day, congratulate Malcom Brown