The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon will launch its newest exciting exhibit, Pro Football and the American Spirit on Saturday, Feb. 27 during a 12 p.m. ceremony. Pro Football and the American Spirit is a traveling exhibit from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The exhibit tells the story of professional football players and personnel who served our nation in the armed forces from WWII to Desert Storm and the conflict in Afghanistan.
"This is an exciting addition to our guest experience," said Bryan Morry, The Hall's executive director. "This exhibit transcends football and reaches into the military community and, on some level, is a tribute to all those that have served our country. We are the first venue to host the exhibit outside of the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, and we are excited to share this with our fans, who will want to come back to see this exhibit if they have already been to our venue. Looking at Pat Tillman's Army Ranger uniform is emotional and it is people like that who are willing to give their life serving the country that this exhibit honors."
The exhibit will be on display at the Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon from Feb. 27 through May 30.
The 2,500 square foot exhibit includes 40 artifacts, interpretive signage, large graphics, NFL Films video and three flat-screen displays.
Some of the exhibit's notable artifacts include:
- Hall of Famer Art Donovan's Army uniform
- The career medals of General Earnest Cheatham, pro football's highest ranking former player
- The Cleveland Brown's sideline jacket of Don Steinbrunner, one of only two NFL players to perish during The Vietnam War
- Pat Tillman's Army Ranger Uniform and white bronze maquette of Tillman
- Jack Kemp's Buffalo Bills jersey
- Rocky Bleier's Purple Heart from the Vietnam War
- New York Giants baseball cap featuring Patriotic emblem for the NYFD worn in 2001 to remember victims of 9/11
- American Flag carried by former NFL player and Air Force Academy graduate Chad Hennings on Air Force missions in Desert Storm
- A large structure with the names of the NFL personnel that served
The Hall at Patriot Place is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m.- 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for active military and seniors and $5 for children. Tickets can be purchased at The Hall box office or in advance online at www.thehallatpatriotplace.com. Call 508-698-4800 for more information