FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The Patriots are celebrating their 50th season in 2009 with a series of acknowledgements and dedications. In recognition of the anniversary, the team will publish 20 "Top 10" lists, including one each month during the offseason.
For the month of March, which is the most active period on the NFL calendar for free agent signings and trades, the team is recognizing the "Top 10 Personnel Moves in Franchise History." The list below is available on Patriots.com for fans to critique and counter with votes of their own.
Top 10 Personnel Moves in Franchise History
A panel of Patriots experts identified the top 10 personnel moves by ranking trades and free agent signings. The panel only considered trades that involved at least one player/person.
- 2000 -- Traded a 1st round draft pick for the rights to Bill Belichick
- 2007 -- Traded a 4th round draft pick to Oakland for Randy Moss
- 1976 -- Traded Jim Plunkett to San Francisco for three 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick and Tom Owen
- 1961 -- Traded Dick Christy and Hal Smith to Oakland for Babe Parilli and Billy Lott
- 2007 -- Traded 2nd and 7th round draft picks to Miami for Wes Welker
- 2001 -- Signed Mike Vrabel as a free agent
- 2003 -- Signed Rodney Harrison as a free agent
- 1974 -- Claimed Leon Gray off waivers from the Dolphins
- 2004 -- Traded a 2nd round draft pick to Cincinnati for Corey Dillon
- 1974 -- Traded 3rd and 8th round picks to Chicago for Tony McGee
1961 -- Traded a 3rd round pick to Houston for Houston Antwine
2001 -- Signed Roman Phifer as a free agent
2003 -- Traded a 4th round pick for Ted Washington
1978 -- Traded a 3rd and a 4th round pick to the L.A. Rams for Harold Jackson
2001 -- Signed Bryan Cox as a free agent
1996 -- Signed rookie free agent Adam Vinatieri
Next month:Top 10 Draft Classes
Vote Now >>