FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (June 22, 2011) - The 2011 Harvard Pilgrim Kids Fun Run on Sunday, July 3 will give children the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to run on the Gillette Stadium field in a fun, noncompetitive environment.
In addition to the run, Patriot Place has a full day of family activities planned, including rock climbing, face painting and a family scavenger hunt. Participants in the Kids Fun Run will also receive a free meal at select Patriot Place restaurants.
The Kids Fun Run is part of three days of events at Patriot Place, featuring health and fitness vendors, family and children's activities, and more. The weekend festivities culminate with the 2011 Harvard Pilgrim 10K race on Monday, July 4, which ends on the 50-yard line of the Gillette Stadium field.
Registration for the Kids Fun Run and the 10K race is open at www.harvardpilgrim10k.com. A more a detailed list of Sunday activities is below.
SUNDAY, JULY 3
12 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Bounce Houses
- Rock Climbing Wall provided by Eastern Mountain Sports 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Face Painting
- Temporary Tattoo Artist
- Balloon Artist 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Family Scavenger Hunt (Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. in front of Red Robin)
- Families can team up to walk around and find answers to questions about Patriot Place, with prizes going to the first four families to finish.
3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Legendary four-time Boston Marathon champ Bill Rodgers will be on hand to greet families attending the Kids Fun Run. 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. - Kids Fun Run on the Gillette Stadium field
- Kids will have the opportunity to run on the Gillette Stadium field in a fun, noncompetitive environment.
- Participants will be divided into heats by age, including a 50-100 yard Toddler Trot for the youngest runners.
- Adults can accompany smaller children onto the field and watch the older children from the Gillette Stadium stands. Additionally, each participant in the Kids Fun Run will receive a free kid's meal with the purchase of an adult meal at select Patriot Place restaurants, including Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill, Bar Louie, Qdoba, Twenty8, Red Robin, Tavolino and CBS Scene. (Must present Kids Fun Run race bib at the restaurant, child must be 10 years old or younger, and one child per adult meal.)
Visit http://www.patriot-place.com/harvardpilgrim10k.aspx for more information on the weekend's activities. To register for the Kids Fun Run or the Harvard Pilgrim 10K at Patriot Place, visit www.harvardpilgrim10k.com.
About Harvard Pilgrim
Harvard Pilgrim is a not-for-profit health plan that provides a variety of insurance plan options and self-funding arrangements to more than one million members in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. For the third year in a row, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is the highest-ranked health insurance plan for overall member satisfaction in the New England region, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Member Health Insurance Plan StudySM. In addition, for the seventh consecutive year, Harvard Pilgrim was named the #1 private health plan in America, according to an annual ranking of the nation's best health plans by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)*. For more information, please visit www.harvardpilgrim.org.
- NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-11 - Private U.S. News/NCQA America's Best Health Insurance Plans 2005-2009 (annual)
**About Patriot Place
Patriot Place, located adjacent to Gillette Stadium on Route 1 in Foxborough, Mass., features a wide variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options, including large and boutique retailers, 17 restaurants and one-of-a-kind experiences. Among the highlights of Patriot Place are New England's only Bass Pro Shops, a 14-screen Showcase Cinema De Lux, CBS Scene Restaurant & Bar, the award-winning Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon and two 5Wits interactive adventures. Patriot Place is an ideal destination for families, with weekly free programming, including a free family activity every weekday during Summer 2011. For more information, visit www.Patriot-Place.com or interact with Patriot Place on Facebook (www.facebook.com/patriotplace) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/patriotplace).