Next Gen Stats breaks down the success both Tom Brady and Jared Goff have had during the playoffs targeting the slot. Both Quarterbacks are set to face off against strong defenses against slot targets.
Jared Goff and Tom Brady have both excelled targeting the slot during the playoffs, as the top 2 quarterbacks in completion percentage, yards per attempt, and passer rating.
Jared Goff & Tom Brady on Slot Targets (2018 Playoffs)
|Comp. Pct.||* 70.6||* 81.0|
|Yards Per Att.||* 12.7||* 11.5|
|Passer Rating||* 113.0||* 126.4|
* Top 2 among QB during playoffs.
Top Slot Receivers
- Julian Edelman has the most routes (47), targets (12), receptions (9), and receiving yards (150) from the slot of either team.
- Phillip Dorsett caught both of Tom Brady's touchdowns from the slot on his two slot targets.
- Robert Woods leads the Rams in slot targets (9) and routes (29)
Opponents have targeted the slot on 32.2 pct. of attempts against the Patriots (6th highest rate in NFL), and these slot targets are deeper on average than any other team (11.8 air yards per attempt, highest in the NFL).
New England has allowed just 2.5 yards of seperation per target on slot targets (lowest in the NFL).
Both the Rams and the Patriots defenses have been strong against slot targets in the postseason.
Rams and Patriots Defense on Slot Targets (2018 Playoffs)
|Comp. Pct.||52.4||* 32.0|
|Yards Per Att.||* 5.5||8.6|
|Passer Rating||64.6||* 48.1|
* Lowest among defenses during the playoffs.