QuarterbacksTom Brady of the New England Patriots, Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints and Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers are the finalists for FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 28 - 29, while running backs Joseph Addai of the Indianapolis Colts, Kevin Jones of the Detroit Lions and Willie Parker of the Pittsburgh Steelers are the finalists for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com from 9am EST on Tuesday through 5pm EST on Thursday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. For the fourth season in a row, the weekly FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Awards are a win for the local community. Along with the award, FedEx will donate $5,000 every week to the local children's hospital in each winning market. The children's hospitals in the two season-long winner's markets, announced at this year's Super Bowl, will be awarded $25,000 each. That means that FedEx will deliver nearly $250,000 to local children's hospitals around the country in recognition of the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week Award winners.
A closer look at the FedEx Express NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New England's Tom Brady completed 29 of his 38 passes for 306 yards and three touchdowns in the Patriots' 52 - 7 win over the Washington Redskins. Brady led an offense that controlled the ball for 37:49 and gained 486 yards.
- New Orleans' Drew Brees completed 31 of 39 passes for 336 yards and four touchdowns in the Saints' 31 - 10 win over the San Francisco 49ers. Brees and the Saints offense gained 438 yards over 32:35 minutes.
- Green Bay's Brett Favre went 21 of 27 for 331 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' 19 - 13 win over the Denver Broncos. Favre threw a 79-yard touchdown pass in the first-quarter to put the Packers on the board and won the game in the first 16 seconds of overtime with an 82-yard touchdown pass. A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Indianapolis' Joseph Addai rushed for 100 yards over 23 carries and recorded two touchdowns in the Colts' 31 - 7 win over the Carolina Panthers.
- Detroit's Kevin Jones rushed for 105 yards over 23 carries and scored one touchdown in the Lions' 16 - 7 win over the Chicago Bears.
- Pittsburgh's Willie Parker carried the ball 22 times for 126 yards including one touchdown in the Steelers' 24 - 13 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cast your vote now >> FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services.