- Patriots running back Antowain Smith played two seasons at the University of Houston, appearing in 21 games with 1,847 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns.
- Patriots guard Wilbert Brown played his college football at the University of Houston, starting in 31 of 41 games. He was born on May 9, 1977, in Texarkana, Texas, and played offensive tackle at Hooks High School in Hooks, Texas.
- Patriots wide receiver David Givens played high school football at Humble High School in Humble, Texas.
- Patriots linebacker Larry Izzo played his junior and senior high school seasons at McCullough High in Houston, where his family still resides. Izzo was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at Rice University in Houston.
- Patriots rookie wide receiver Bethel Johnson played at Corsicana High School in Texas. He played his college football at Texas A&M.
- Patriots defensive lineman Ty Warren was born on Feb. 6, 1981 in Bryan, Texas and attended Bryan High School, posting 248 tackles, 22 quarterback sacks and 69 tackles for loss. Warren matriculated to Texas A&M, where he started 25 games for the Aggies.
- Patriots rookie linebacker Tully Banta-Cain played two years behind Texans defensive end Jerry Deloach at the University of California. Patriots safety Je'Rod Cherry also played at Cal.
- Patriots tight end Fred Baxter played two years ahead of Texans defensive end Gary Walker at Auburn.
- Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch played one year ahead of Texans rookie quarterback Dave Ragone at Louisville.
- Patriots defensive back Antwan Harris was a freshman at the University of Virginia during Texans linebacker Jamie Sharper's senior season.
- Patriots guard Russ Hochstein played two years behind Texans kicker Kris Brown and linebacker Jay Foreman at the University of Nebraska. Texans tackle Zach Weigert played at Nebraska as well.
- Texans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer was a Patriots coach for four seasons (1993-95, wide receivers; 1996, quarterbacks). Palmer was also the head coach at Boston University (1988-89), the head coach at University of New Haven (1986-87), and the wide receivers/defensive line coach at the University of Connecticut (1972).
- Texans assistant offensive line coach Steve Marshall is a native of Hartford, Conn., and was the offensive line coach at Plymouth (NH) State in 1979.
- Texans strength & conditioning coach Dan Riley is a native of Manchester, N.H., and graduated from Keene State College with an undergraduate degree in physical education.
- Texans fullback Greg Comella was chosen as the Massachusetts Player of the Year by USA Today at Xaverian Brothers High School in Wellesley, Mass. Comella was a high school teammate of current Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck at Xaverian.
- Texans cornerback Aaron Glenn played high school football in Humble, Texas, the same town as Patriots wide receiver David Givens. Texans tight end Jabari Holloway was one year ahead of Givens at Notre Dame.
- Texans defensive tackle Steve Martin spent the 2002 season with the Patriots, earning five starts.
- Texans free safety Matt Stevens played in 15 games for the Patriots during the 2001 season, earning four starts and registering 37 tackles, two passes defensed, one fumble recovery, one interception and six special team stops. Stevens saw action in the Patriots Super Bowl XXXVI win over St. Louis.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
SEVEN YEARS AND COUNTING
The Patriots' record in preseason, regular-season and postseason games since 1996 (.609 win pct.).
The Patriots' regular-season record since 1996 (.582 win pct).
The Patriots' postseason record since 1996 (.667 win pct).
The Patriots' preseason record since 1996 (.700 win pct).
NO PASSING ZONE
The number of touchdown passes the Patriots have given up through 10 games, the fewest in the NFL.
The cumulative quarterback rating of Patriots' opponents this season, the lowest in the NFL. (Tampa Bay is second at 61.7, and Dallas is third at 64.3).
The number of interceptions the Patriots have recorded so far this season, tying them for second in the AFC with Miami. Only Kansas City (19 picks), has more interceptions than New England in the AFC.
The number of pass plays Tom Brady has converted for 45 yards or more this season.
The number of pass plays of 45 yards or more that Brady has converted in his last two games.
The number of passes of more than 45 yards Brady completed in his career before this season.
THE KRAFT ERA
The number of consecutive Patriots preseason, regular-season and postseason home games that have been sold out since Robert Kraft bought the team in 1994.
The number of consecutive Patriots games that have been televised locally.
The Patriots record at home since 1994, including preseason, regular-season and postseason games.
The Patriots record at Gillette Stadium, including preseason and regular-season games (.824 win pct).
THE BELICHICK ERA
Bill Belichick's record in his last 41 games as the head coach of the Patriots (.732 win pct). It's the best record of any NFL head coach over that span.
Bill Belichick's overall record as head coach of the Patriots, including the playoffs.
Belichick's overall winning percentage as Patriots head coach, establishing the highest winning percentage of any coach in franchise history, including postseason games.
NOT HALF BAD
The number of consecutive games the Patriots have won when leading at halftime.
The Patriots record in their last 20 games in which they have led at halftime.
The number of consecutive games the Patriots have won when leading after three quarters, leading the NFL.
BIG "D" AGAINST THE COWBOYS
The number of Dallas' 12 drives that began in Patriots territory.
The number of catches the Patriots secondary allowed Dallas' leading wide receiver, Terry Glenn.
The number of interceptions made by cornerback Ty Law, marking his fourth career two-interception game.
The number of turnovers the Patriots forced on Dallas' final four drives of the game as the Cowboys attempted to get back into the game.
THIRD DOWN DOMINANCE
The number of times the Patriots have held their opponents under 30 percent on third downs this season.
The number of times the Patriots held their opponents under 30 percent on third downs all of last season.
The Patriots record in their last 12 games when holding their opponents under 30 percent on third downs.
TURNING OVER WINS
The Patriots' record this season when they maintain a positive or even turnover differential.
The Patriots' record when they turn the ball over more than their opponents.
The Patriots' record since the beginning of the 2001 season when they maintain a positive turnover differential.
The Patriots' turnover differential this season, tying them for second in the AFC.
Brown's rank on the Patriots' all-time leading punt returners list. He passed Irving Fryar with his 207th punt return against the Titans (10/05/03).
Adam Vinatieri's rank on the Patriots' all-time field goals list, having kicked 204 successful field goals.
Kevin Faulk's rank on the franchise's all-time kickoff return list, with 144 returns for 3,309 yards.