- Patriots running back Antowain Smith played two seasons at the University of Houston, appearing in 21 games with 1,847 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns.
- Patriots guard Wilbert Brown played his college football at the University of Houston, starting in 31 of 41 games. He was born on May 9, 1977, in Texarkana, Texas, and played offensive tackle at Hooks High School in Hooks, Texas.
- Patriots wide receiver David Givens played high school football at Humble High School in Humble, Texas.
- Patriots linebacker Larry Izzo played his junior and senior high school seasons at McCullough High in Houston, where his family still resides. Izzo was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at Rice University in Houston.
- Patriots rookie wide receiver Bethel Johnson played at Corsicana High School in Texas. He played his college football at Texas A&M.
- Patriots defensive lineman Ty Warren was born on Feb. 6, 1981 in Bryan, Texas and attended Bryan High School, posting 248 tackles, 22 quarterback sacks and 69 tackles for loss. Warren matriculated to Texas A&M, where he started 25 games for the Aggies.
- Patriots rookie linebacker Tully Banta-Cain played two years behind Texans defensive end Jerry Deloach at the University of California. Patriots safety Je'Rod Cherry also played at Cal.
- Patriots tight end Fred Baxter played two years ahead of Texans defensive end Gary Walker at Auburn.
- Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch played one year ahead of Texans rookie quarterback Dave Ragone at Louisville.
- Patriots defensive back Antwan Harris was a freshman at the University of Virginia during Texans linebacker Jamie Sharper's senior season.
- Patriots guard Russ Hochstein played two years behind Texans kicker Kris Brown and linebacker Jay Foreman at the University of Nebraska. Texans tackle Zach Weigert played at Nebraska as well.
- Texans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer was a Patriots coach for four seasons (1993-95, wide receivers; 1996, quarterbacks). Palmer was also the head coach at Boston University (1988-89), the head coach at University of New Haven (1986-87), and the wide receivers/defensive line coach at the University of Connecticut (1972).
- Texans assistant offensive line coach Steve Marshall is a native of Hartford, Conn., and was the offensive line coach at Plymouth (NH) State in 1979.
- Texans strength & conditioning coach Dan Riley is a native of Manchester, N.H., and graduated from Keene State College with an undergraduate degree in physical education.
- Texans fullback Greg Comella was chosen as the Massachusetts Player of the Year by USA Today at Xaverian Brothers High School in Wellesley, Mass. Comella was a high school teammate of current Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck at Xaverian.
- Texans cornerback Aaron Glenn played high school football in Humble, Texas, the same town as Patriots wide receiver David Givens. Texans tight end Jabari Holloway was one year ahead of Givens at Notre Dame.
- Texans defensive tackle Steve Martin spent the 2002 season with the Patriots, earning five starts.
- Texans free safety Matt Stevens played in 15 games for the Patriots during the 2001 season, earning four starts and registering 37 tackles, two passes defensed, one fumble recovery, one interception and six special team stops. Stevens saw action in the Patriots Super Bowl XXXVI win over St. Louis.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
SEVEN YEARS AND COUNTING
The Patriots' record in preseason, regular-season and postseason games since 1996 (.609 win pct.).
The Patriots' regular-season record since 1996 (.582 win pct).
The Patriots' postseason record since 1996 (.667 win pct).
The Patriots' preseason record since 1996 (.700 win pct).
NO PASSING ZONE
THE KRAFT ERA
THE BELICHICK ERA
NOT HALF BAD
BIG "D" AGAINST THE COWBOYS
THIRD DOWN DOMINANCE
TURNING OVER WINS