Running back Ryan Mathews of the San Diego Chargers, tight end Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots, running back Joe McKnight of the New York Jets, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh of the Detroit Lions and wide receiver Jacoby Ford of the Oakland Raiders are the finalists for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week honors for games played Jan. 2, the NFL announced Tuesday.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/rookies until Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET to determine the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLV in North Texas.
This is Pepsi's ninth year as the official soft-drink sponsor of the NFL and the ninth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
A closer look at the finalists:
Ryan Mathews, RB, San Diego Chargers
- Mathews rushed 26 times for 120 yards and three touchdowns in the Chargers' 33-28 win over the Denver Broncos.
Joe McKnight, RB, New York Jets
- McKnight led the Jets in rushing by carrying the ball 32 times for 158 yards in New York's 38-7 win over the Buffalo Bills.
Jacoby Ford, WR, Oakland Raiders
- Ford rushed for 22 yards and one touchdown, added one 35-yard reception in the Raiders' 31-10 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
- Gronkowski led the Patriots with six receptions for 102 yards and one touchdown in New England's 38-7 win over the Miami Dolphins.
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions
- Suh had six tackles and one sack in the Lions' 20-13 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
Fans are encouraged to cast their vote at nfl.com/rookies.