Yes, the Patriots run the east. Fresh off their victory on the west coast, the Patriots dominated the Dolphins this past Sunday, clinching the division title once again.
One of the biggest topics of discussion on Monday was Tom Brady's 17 yard run early in the third quarter on Sunday. Surprisingly, Bill Belicheck supported his decision.
"Well, you know, I never...I've coached for a long time and I don't question players' decisions on the field when they try to make them to help the team win,"* Belichick said. Well said Bill! That run was a huge momentum boost.
On Tuesday, the Patriots made headlines in some off the field action. Patrick Chung put his vocal chords to the test as he hosted 'Open Mic Night' to raise money for various charities that benefit medical needs for children. Over in Dorchester, the Patriots traveled to Edward Everett Elementary Schoolto share their views on the importance of health and fitness.
Media day on Wednesday was a busy one starting things off with Bill Belichick's press conference. Bill made everyone note that it will not be an easy week down in New York, as the Jets always make it a tough game for the Patriots.
Shortly after Belichick's press conference concluded, we heard from New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan, as well as running back Chris Johnson. They talked about the Patriots-Jets rivalry and look forward to the challenge.
Tom Brady addressed the media later in the morning explaining to the press that they are not 'cruising' for the rest of the season. They are playing to win, regardless of the opponent and what is left on the schedule. Take a look at what Rob Ninkovich, Matthew Slater, and Kyle Arrington had to say after practice on Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, Patriots 2014 first round draft pick, Dominique Easley, was placed on injured reserve ending his rookie campaign.
Inside the locker room on Thursday, we heard from several players about their final regular season road game against the Jets.
If you want a good laugh, Gronk was just 'being Gronk' this week where he appeared on 'Top Chef'. You can also find him on bill boards up and down Massachusetts highways where he is supporting One Mission and their 'Buzz off Initiative'.
The Patriots will face the Jets on Sunday afternoon down at Metlife Stadium. The Patriots come into this game as huge favorites where they are predicted to win by over 30 points. Could this be the last time the Patriots face Rex Ryan as head coach? Could be interesting. Game time is at 1:00pm ET on CBS. Be sure to check out our full game preview and our broadcast info on where you can watch the game.
Below is a full breakdown of our coverage from this week:
ARTICLES & BLOGS
- Samsonite Make Your Case: Playoff Pitfalls?
- News Blitz 12/19: Thinking about Patriots MVPs
- Ask PFW: Patriots Run the East
- Matt Patricia: WINNING
- Playoff scenarios entering Week 16
- Game Matchups: Jets are strong against the run
- Bill Belichick Transcript - 12/19/2014
- Game Preview: Patriots travel to New York to take on the Jets
- New England Patriots and JumpStart Team Up to Engage Young Fans
- What They're Saying: New York Jets
- Patriots - Jets Injury Report
- Revis learned lessons from Haynes; Dec. 18 notes
- Patriots vs. Jets Broadcast Information
- Tackling Tech: Sports Video, showing on DOOH screens near you
- Three Patriots among Pro Bowl fan voting leaders
- Patriots expecting Jets' best; Dec. 17 notes
- New York Jets Conference Call Transcripts - 12/17/2014
- Patriots place DL Dominique Easley on injured reserve; Sign TE Steve Maneri
- Get Jack'd - Ask Jackie Brittain your Week 16 Patriots questions!
- News Blitz 12/17: Penalties a problem?
- The Hall at Patriot Place acquires artifacts from Gostkowski and Gronkowski milestones
- Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Darrelle Revis Transcripts - 12/17/2014
- PFW NFL Power Rankings Week 16
- Bill Belichick, Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels Transcripts - 12/16/2014
- Nitpicks & Nitwits: Two different halves set apart by one big, bold play
- News Blitz 12/16: More Miami and looking ahead
- Belichick supports Brady's big...run?!
- Matchup Winners: Second-half shutout key to AFC East clincher
- Bridgestone Performance Review: Dolphins-Patriots
- Here's how your Patriots celebrated winning the AFC East
- Bill Belichick Conference Call Transcript: 'Special teams always has a huge impact'
- News Blitz 12/15: Post-Dolphins reaction
- Patriots win over Miami is second highest rated 1pm game ever in Boston
- How to stick with your fitness routine during the holidays VIDEO
- Complimentary football taking shape
- A Lil' Mayo with Vince Wilfork
- Opponent Preview: Meet the Jets...again
- Belichick 12/19: 'This is a big game for us'
- Taking a headbutt from Tom Brady
- PFW TV 12/18: Dolphins recap; Jets preview
- "Best of" Bill Belichick Press Conference
- Chandler Jones is back
- Players prepare for tough road game
- Three keys to a win in NY
- Patriots practice on Thursday
- Press Pass: Shane Vereen
- Press Pass: Darrelle Revis
- Press Pass: Rob Gronkowski
- Press Pass: Alan Branch
- Belichick Breakdown: Key plays
- Belichick Breakdown: Special Teams
- Patriots put Easley on IR, sign TE
- Patriots give gifts from the gridiron
- Brady 12/17: 'We're playing to win'
- Press Pass: Kyle Arrington
- Press Pass: Matthew Slater
- Belichick 12/17: 'It's a big week for us'
- Press Pass: Rob Ninkovich
- "Best Of" Bill Belichick Press Conference 12/17
- "Best Of" Tom Brady Press Conference 12/17
- LaDainian Tomlinson's Week 15 top 5 runs
- Patriots Play 60 at Edward Everett School
- Devin McCourty in the Community
- Patriots put their vocal chords to the test
- Week 16 Power Rankings: Top 5
- Play By Pics: Recapping the Patriots win
- Tom Brady's top 5 runs
- EXCLUSIVE: Locker room sound after win over Miami
- Patriots Radio: Bill Belichick
- Tilted Cheerleaders - Meet Brittany D
- Easley on Totally Patriots - 12/13/2014 (Part 2)
- Easley on Totally Patriots - 12/13/2014 (Part 1) AUDIO
- Ninkovich on WAAF: We're a tough team to deal with
- Fantasy Football Champs 12/18: Final Lineups
- Patriots Playbook 12/18: Prediction Thursday
- PFW In Progress 12/18: Sunday preview, predictions
- Bob Socci Show 12/17: Dolphins Recap
- Patriots Playbook 12/17: New York Jets Preview
- Johnson 12/17: 'Got to put our best foot forward'
- Sebastian Vollmer on the Bob Socci Show 12/17
- PFW in Progress 12/17: Patriots-Jets Rivalry
- Ryan 12/17: 'The Patriots are the ones you chase'
- Fantasy Football Champs 12/16: Championship week
- PFW In Progress 12/16: Patriots - Dolphins Recap
- Belichick 12/16: 'Expecting a tough 60 minutes'
- McDaniels 12/16: 'We have a lot to fix'
- Belichick on WEEI: 'Executed excellent after half'
- Jones on WEEI: 'I am glad to be back'
- Week 16 Practice and Locker Room Photos
- Belichick 12/15: We put a lot into special teams
- Brady on WEEI: 'A lot of guys played really well' PHOTOS
- Road Trip Travel Guide: New York
- Gronk being Gronk on tonight's "Top Chef"
- Win Bose headphones designed by Darrelle Revis
- Gronk and Brady win Year in Sports Awards
- Can you spot yourself in the crowd?
- Here's how your Patriots celebrated winning the AFC East
- How to stick with your fitness routine during the holidays
- Local man wins $1 million during thrilling halftime contest
- Gridiron Grub: Fried plantains