Coming off a close victory over the Jets, the Patriots headed into the week looking to secure the AFC's top spot with a Bronco's loss. Lucky for them, the Bengals played fantastic on Monday night to help the Patriots secure that spot.
Check out photos from access to players and coaches during Week 17 as the Patriots prepare to play the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium this Sunday.
Belichick opened his press conference on Tuesday telling the media that the Bills are a *"Good football team, well coached, tough, physical. We had our hands full with them up there and I'm sure we will on Sunday, too. *Of course its the NFL and as we observed last week against the Jets, no team will give up easily.
Later this week Brady talked about the importance of winning the last game of the season. Almost everyone believes that the Patriots should rest their top players. But guess what, they are professional football players, they get paid to play football!
On that note, Brady summed this Sunday's game up the best saying *"I think this is the time to put the pedal to the metal and not really go the other direction." *
Tuesday evening, the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl selections came out with 5 Patriots being selected to represent the team down in Glendale, Arizona. Tom Brady, K Stephen Gostkowski, TE Rob Gronkowski, CB Darrelle Revisand WR Matthew Slater (special teams) were selected. Read the full press release here.
For everyone here with the Patriots, Thursday was a quiet day with everyone celebrating the Holidays. Of course you can get your Patriots Holiday fix here, with a little twist of course.
Wrapping up the short week was Bill Belichick's press conference Friday morning where he looks forward to playing the Bills, stating that the "Bills offense has evolved since the last meeting."
The Patriots will face the Bills on Sunday afternoon here at Gillette Stadium where they come into the game 99-18 since 2002 at home. Pretty impressive feat, which looks promising with home field advantage carrying them through the Playoffs. Kick off is slated for 1pm and can be viewed on CBS. Look at our full coverage breakdown here.
Below is a full breakdown of our coverage from this week:
ARTICLES & BLOGS
- Tackling Tech: Tech-Driven NFL Items to Wish for in 2015
- Patriots Quotes 12/24: Danny Amendola, Darrelle Revis & Matthew Slater
- Buffalo Bills Quotes 12/24: Doug Marrone and Kyle Orton
- Patriots - Bills Injury Report
- Patriots Pro Bowlers 'honored'; Dec. 24 notes
- Patriots, Spurs follow similar paths to success
- New Blitz 12/24: Five Patriots get Pro Bowl love
- Five Patriots selected to Pro Bowl squad
- Ask PFW: Patching the protection
- PFW NFL Power Rankings Week 17
- No. 1 seed secured, Patriots turn focus to Buffalo; Dec. 23 notes
- Take Two-sday: Hightower's sack provides lift
- Game Preview: Patriots close out regular season against the Bills
- Patriots sign DL Cameron Henderson to practice squad; Release Daxton Swanson
- News Blitz 12/23: No. 1 seed and now what?
- Patriots Quotes 12/23: Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and more
- Nitpicks & Nitwits: Big plays required for post-season push to continue
- Patriots clinch No. 1 seed, Bills finale remains 1 p.m.
- Coaches unanimous, Patriots need to play better
- Bridgestone Performance Review: Patriots-Jets
- News Blitz 12/22: Patriots escape from New York
- Matchup Winners: Patriots do just enough to secure first-round bye
- Patriots Locker Room Quotes 12/22: Brandon Bolden and Tim Wright
- Bill Belichick, Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels Transcripts - 12/22/2014
- Belichick 12/26: 'Bills offense has evolved'
- Gameday Forecast 12/26: Bills at Patriots
- PFW TV 12/26: Jets recap; Playoffs preview
- Matthew Slater and the special teams crew
- Get Jack'd: Play 'em or rest 'em?
- "Best Of" Bill Belichick Press Conference - 12/26
- Holiday cooking with the Offensive Line
- A Lil' Mayo On Christmas
- Locker room talk on Wednesday
- Perfect attendance at Patriots practice
- Opponent Preview: Get to know the Bills
- Press Pass: Vince Wilfork
- Press Pass: Darrelle Revis
- Belichick Breakdown: Patriots at Jets
- Patriots quiet about being #1 seed in AFC
- Patriots practice on Tuesday
- Brady 12/23: 'Time to put the pedal to the metal'
- Belichick 12/23: 'Big challenge for us on Sunday'
- Jonathan Casillas on Totally Patriots (Part 2)
- Press Pass: Rob Gronkowski
- Tilted: Ryan Wendell
- The science behind the field goal kick
- Singing For A Cause - 12/19/14
- Press Pass: Devin McCourty
- Jonathan Casillas on Totally Patriots (Part 1)
- Press Pass: Matthew Slater
- "Best Of" Bill Belichick Press Conference 12/23
- "Best Of" Tom Brady Press Conference 12/23
- 2014: Best of Tom Brady
- 2014: Best of Rob Gronkowski
- EXCLUSIVE: Locker room sound after win over Jets
- Patriots Radio: Bill Belichick
- The best of Tim Wright and Brandon Bolden
- Patriots Radio: Danny Amendola
- Tilted Cheerleaders: Meet Karen
- Press Pass: Tim Wright
- Press Pass: Brandon Bolden
- Marrone 12/24: 'We're preparing for their best'
- Orton 12/24: 'They have a solid defense'
- PFW In Progress 12/24: Previewing the Bills
- Fantasy Football Champs 12/23: Season Review
- Patriots Playbook 12/23: Nitpick Tuesday
- PFW In Progress 12/23: Patriots-Jets recap
- Wilfork on WEEI 12/22: Hard to see Mangold go down
- Belichick on WEEI 12/22: 'Our guys have improved'
- Amendola on WEEI 12/22: 'We beat a good team'
- Brady on WEEI 12/22: 'It was a tough game'
- Jones on WEEI 12/22: 'Had to contain Geno Smith'
- Belichick 12/22: 'We didn't execute well'
- Patricia 12/22: 'We need to play better'
- McDaniels 12/22: 'Everybody needs to do their job'