FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - In October, the New England Patriots will participate in their first international regular season game when they travel to London to play a road game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. With an international road trip on the schedule, the Patriots are teaming up with the United States Postal Service to remind U.S. citizens that as of June 1, 2009 they will need a U.S. Passport or other document approved by the government for return travel from Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean.
On Thursday, June 4, from 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., travelers can visit Gillette Stadium's Fidelity Investments Clubhouse to apply for a passport. Admission to the event is free and open to the public, but standard passport processing fees will apply. All attendees will have the opportunity to win two tickets to the Patriots' October 25 game against the Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium in London as well as receive $5 off admission to The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon.
To apply for a passport, attendees must have the following:
- A completed passport application. To save time, attendees can download passport application documents at www.usps.com/passport.
- Citizenship evidence: includes a certified birth certificate, a previous U.S. passport, and naturalization certificate (Please note: a hospital-issued record of birth is not acceptable).
- One state or government issued photo ID - such as a driver's license, government employee ID, or a military ID.
- Two photos, 2" x 2". Photos will be available for purchase on site.
- Passport processing payment: Check www.usps.com/passport for fee information.
No purchase is necessary to enter to win Patriots tickets. Official rules can be found at www.patriots.com/passports . Discount coupons for The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon available while supplies last.