In October, the New England Patriots will participate in their first international regular season game when they travel to London to play a road game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. With an international road trip on the schedule, the Patriots are teaming up with the United States Postal Service to remind U.S. citizens that as of June 1, 2009 they will need a U.S. Passport or other document approved by the government for return travel from Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean by hosting a passport acceptance event at Gillette Stadium.
On Thursday, June 4, from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., travelers can visit Gillette Stadium's Fidelity Investments Clubhouse and apply for a passport. The event will take place in the North East Club Lounge, which can be accessed via the Stadium's E1 or E2 entrances.Admission to the event is free and open to the public, but standard passport processing fees will apply. All attendees will have the opportunity to win two tickets to the Patriots' October 25 game against the Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium in London as well as receive $5 off admission to The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon.
No purchase is necessary to enter to win Patriots tickets. Official Rules can be found below. Discount coupons for The Hall at Patriot Place presented by Raytheon available while supplies last.
Passport Application Information
What you need when you submit your passport application in person:
- Passport Application Form DS-11 (unsigned)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (provide one of the following)
* Previous fully valid U.S. passport
* Certified U.S. birth certificate
* Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
* Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Proof of identity (provide one of the following)
* Recently issued Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship with easily recognizable photo
* Current, valid driver's license
* Government employee ID
* Military ID
* For children under age 16, the child and both parents or the legal guardian(s) must appear in person and present the following:
* Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
* Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s) AND
* Parental/guardian identification
* If only one parent appears, you must also submit one of the following:
* Second parent's notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child
* Primary evidence of sole authority to apply
* A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability
- Two identical passport photos
* 2 x 2 inches in size
* Clear likeness, taken within the past six months
* Color required
* Full-face, front view on a white or off-white background
* Normal street attire; no hats or headgear
* Select Post Office locations offer passport photo services for an additional $15
- Passport fees(visit usps.com/passport for current fees)
Remember: You can always get information by contacting the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793 or online at travel.state.gov
Before traveling abroad, make a copy of the identification page in case your passport is lost or stolen.
Carry two extra passport size photos with you. If your passport is lost or stolen abroad, report the loss immediately to local police authorities and the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Before you travel, check for U.S. Department of State travel warnings at travel.state.gov
Go to usps.com/passport for additional Post Office passport services information, locations, and service hours.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS PASSPORT AWARENESS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 4:00 PM (ET) ON JUNE 4, 2009 AND ENDS AT 8:00 PM (ET) ON JUNE 4, 2009 ("THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD"). SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
1. SELECTION OF WINNER: One winner will be determined from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be conducted as soon as practicable following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by NPS LLC, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The winner will be notified by email or telephone.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter without a purchase, complete and submit an official entry form available at the New England Patriots Passport Awareness Event, to be held in the Club Level of Gillette Stadium, at One Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035, on June 4, 2009. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 8:00 PM (ET) ON JUNE 4, 2009. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Limit: one entry per person. All entries become the exclusive property of NPS LLC and will not be returned.
3. PRIZE AND ODDS: 1 Prize: Two (2) admission tickets to the New England Patriots game to be played vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, October 25, 2009 at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Prize does not include transportation. Total ARV of prize: $137.00. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The prize will be awarded (assuming eligible entries are received). Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to individual legal residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, age 18 or older as of June 4, 2009, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, the United States Postal Service, and the United States Department of State, and each of their affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if affidavit/release(s) is not returned within 14 days after mailing to winner or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if prize notification e-mail is undeliverable, or if entrant does not respond to prize notification e-mail within 7 days after the date of the e-mail. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law, any such use with respect to minors to be subject to prior approval of parent or legal guardian.
6. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Massachusetts. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his or her Sweepstakes entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he or she tampers with the entry process or if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
7. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS LIST:To obtain list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NPS LLC, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, Massachusetts 02035. Requests must be received by June 15, 2009. Winners list will be sent after selection of New England Patriots Passport Awareness Sweepstakes winner.
10. SPONSOR: NPS LLC, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, Massachusetts 02035.
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Send an email to GilletteStadiumPremiumSeating@patriots.com with "Passport Awareness Sweepstakes: Question" written in the subject line of the email.