A look at the connections between the Patriots and the Ravens as the teams head into their matchup on Monday night football.
NEW ENGLAND TIES
- Ravens G Vladimir Ducasse played his college career at UMass.
- Baltimore defensive line coach Joe Cullen was a four-year starting nose guard at UMass and went on to begin his coaching career at his alma mater as the running backs coach in 1990 and the defensive line coach in 1991.
- Ravens FBKyle Juszczyk played his college career at Harvard, and senior offensive assistant Craig Van Steeg served on the Crimson Tide coaching staff during the earlier years of his career.
- Baltimore assistant offensive line coach Todd Washington worked for the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League in 2010.
BALTIMORE AREA TIES
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was raised in Annapolis, Md. He was a standout prep athlete at Annapolis High and has since been inducted into the school's Hall of Fame. His first NFL coaching stint was served as a special assistant with the Baltimore Colts in 1975 before the team relocated to Indianapolis.
- New England CB Cyrus Jones attended Gilman School in Baltimore, Md.
- Patriots DT Darius Kilgo played his college career at Maryland.
- Baltimore QB Ryan Mallettspent the 2011-13 seasons as the backup quarterback to Tom Brady in New England.
- Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees was the Patriots linebackers coach from 2004-05 and went on to serve as the defensive coordinator form 2006-09.
- Ravens WR Kamar Aiken appeared in one game for the Patriots in 2012.
- Ravens G Vladimir Ducasse and WR/RS Devin Hester Sr. played with Patriots TE Martellus Bennett and LB Shea McClellin at the Chicago Bears while Baltimore offensive assistant Andy Bischoff also worked with Bennett and McClellin when he was the tight ends coach/staff coordinator in Chicago.
- Baltimore OLB Elvis Dumervil played for the Broncos when Patriots offensive coordinatorJosh McDaniels was the head coach in Denver, and Baltimore linebackers coach Dan Martindale was the defensive coordinator for the Broncos during that time as well.
- Ravens RB Terrance West and Patriots RB Dion Lewis were teammates at the Cleveland Browns.
- Baltimore G/CJeremy Zuttah and Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount were teammates at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Ravens offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and offensive line coachJuan Castillo worked for the Eagles when Patriots WR Danny Amendola and RB Dion Lewis played in Philadelphia.
- Baltimore tight ends coach Richard Angulo played for the Vikings when Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly was a defensive assistant and defensive line coach in Minnesota.
- Ravens defensive line coachJoe Cullen worked in Cleveland when Patriots RB Dion Lewis played for the Browns.
- Baltimore wide receivers coach Bobby Engram was a wide receiver for the Chicago Bears under Patriots running backs coachIvan Fears who was the receivers coach in Chicago at the time.
- Ravens secondary coachLeslie Frazier worked in Minnesota when Patriots defensive line coachBrendan Dalyand wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea were with the Vikings.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
- Baltimore RB Kenneth Dixon and Patriots P Ryan Allen were teammates at Louisiana Tech.
- Ravens G/T Alex Lewisplayed with Patriots DT Vincent Valentine at Nebraska.
- Baltimore ILBC.J. Mosley played at Alabama when Patriots special teams coach Joe Judge was a football analyst/special teams assistant and when LB Dont'a Hightower and CB Cyrus Jones played for the team.
- Ravens CBJimmy Smith played with Patriots T Nate Solder at Colorado.
- Baltimore G/T Rick Wagner and New England RB James White were teammates at Wisconsin.
- Ravens WR Mike Wallace and Patriots RB Brandon Bolden played together at Mississippi.
- Baltimore G/C Jeremy Zuttah played with New England DB Devin McCourty at Rutgers.
- Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees was the head coach at Kent State when Patriots cornerbacks coach Josh Boyer was a graduate assistant.
- Baltimore running backs coach Thomas Hammock was the assistant head coach/running backs at Wisconsin when Patriots RB James White played for the Badgers.
- Ravens defensive backs coach Chris Hewittwas a member of the Rutgers coaching staff when Patriots DB Duron Harmon, DB Devin McCourty and CB Logan Ryan played for the Scarlet Knights. Baltimore senior offensive assistant Craig Van Steeg also worked at Rutgers during McCourty's time with the team.
FORMER HIGH SCHOOL TEAMMATES
- Ravens S Matt Elam and Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett were teammates at William T. Dwyer High School in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.