A look at connections between the Patriots and the Jets as they head into their game on Saturday.
NEW ENGLAND TIES
- Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrickwent to Harvard University.
- Jets LB Julian Stanford's hometown is Bloomfield, Connecticut.
- New York offensive line coach Steve Marshall is originally from Hartford, Connecticut and coached the offensive line at Plymouth State in New Hampshire in 1979.
- Jets running backs coach Marcel Shipp played his college career at UMass and went on to coach the running backs for the Minutemen in 2014.
NEW YORK AREA TIES
- Patriots CB Logan Ryan, DB Duron Harmon and DB Devin McCourty all played their college football careers for the Scarlet Knights at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J., roughly 40 miles from MetLife Stadium.
- Ryan is also originally from Vorhees, N.J. while McCourty attended St. Joseph's High School in Montvale, N.J.
- New England WR Chris Hogan attended Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes, N.J., and later played football at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, N.J.
- Patriots RB Dion Lewis is originally from Blairstown, N.J.
- New England safeties coach Steve Belichick also attended Rutgers and walked on to the Scarlet Knights football team as a long snapper to help in preparations for a career in coaching.
- Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores is a native of Brooklyn, N.Y. and attended Poly Prep.
- New York CB Darrelle Revis was a member of the 2014 Patriots Super Bowl Championship team. He started all 16 regular-season games for New England that season and totaled 47 tackles on the year.
- Jets defensive line coach Pepper Johnson served on the Patriots coaching staff from 2000-2013 and won three Super Bowls with the team. Johnson started out as New England's assistant linebacker coach in 200 before coaching the inside linebackers from 2001-03. He went on to coach the defensive line from 2004-11 before working with the linebackers from 2012-13.
- Jets DT Anthony Johnson signed with the Patriots on May 9, 2016 and spent the beginning of the 2016 season with the team. He appeared in four regular season games with one start and totaled eight tackles during his time in a New England uniform.
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was the assistant head coach/secondary for the Jets from 1997-99.
- Patriots tight ends coach Brian Daboll was the quarterbacks coach for the Jets during the 2007 and 2008 seasons.
FORMER NFL TEAMMATES
- Jets defensive line coachPepper Johnson began his playing career with the New York Giants and became a 2x-Super Bowl Champion under Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, an assistant with the Giants at the time. Johnson went on to play for Belichick when he held the head coaching role at the Cleveland Browns, and again when Belichick coached for the Jets.
- New York head coach Todd Bowles was the interim head coach of the Dolphins when Patriots tight ends coach Brian Dabollwas the offensive coordinator in Miami. Rob Ninkovich also played for the Dolphins when Bowles coached in Miami.
- Additionally, Bowles worked in Philadelphia when Patriots RB Dion Lewis played for the Eagles.
- Jets LB Bruce Carter was teammates with Patriots TE Martellus Bennett at the Dallas Cowboys.
- New York K Nick Folk also played for the Cowboys when Bennett and WR Danny Amendola were with Dallas.
- Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick played with Patriots WR Chris Hogan at the Buffalo Bills in 2012.
- New York RB Matt Forté played with New England LB Shea McClellin and TE Martellus Bennett at the Chicago Bears.
- Jets WR Brandon Marshall played for the Broncos in 2009 when Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was the head coach in Denver.
- Marshall also played for the Dolphins when New England tight ends coach Brian Daboll was the offensive coordinator in Miami, as well as for the Bears when LB Shea McClellin and TE Martellus Bennett played in Chicago.
- Jets CB Buster Skrine, Patriots RB Dion Lewis and DL Jabaal Sheard were teammates at the Cleveland Browns.
- Jets special teams coordinator Brant Boyer was the assistant special teams coach in Indianapolis when Patriots RB Dion Lewis played for the Colts.
- New York offensive coordinatorChan Gailey was the head coach of the Bills during Patriots WR Chris Hogan's first year in Buffalo in 2012.
- Jets defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers was the defensive line coach for the Dolphins when Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich played for the team and current New England tight ends coach Brian Daboll was the Miami offensive coordinator.
- Jets defensive backs coach Joe Dannaalso worked on the Miami coaching staff with Daboll.
- New York assistant head coach/inside linebackers Mike Caldwellbegan his playing career with the Cleveland Browns under head coach Bill Belichick.
- Caldwell went on to coach in Philadelphia when Patriots WR Danny Amendola and RB Dion Lewis played for the Eagles.
- Jets tight ends coachJimmie Johnson worked on the Minnesota Vikings coaching staff with Patriots wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea and defensive line coach Brendan Daly.
- New York assistant strength and conditioning coach Aaron McLaurin held the same position in Minnesota when Patriots defensive line coach Brendan Daly was with the Vikings.
- Jets quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo was the offensive quality control/ assistant wide receivers coach in Buffalo when Patriots WR Chris Hogan played for the Bills.
FORMER COLLEGE TEAMMATES
- Jets CB Juston Burris played with Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett and OL Joe Thuney at North Carolina State.
- New York G James Carpenter was teammates with New England LB Dont'a Hightower at Alabama.
- Jets CB Nick Marshallwas teammates with Patriots DB Jonathan Jones at Auburn.